Microsoft's new "iPod Killer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
just think if bill gates didnt backstab apple and get the frist computer out. we all would be on apples and a very few would be on PC computers lol.

I have a lil cheap 512K mp-3 player got it for like $60 or was it $30. anyways it has a memory card slot and the sound quality sounds real good. so I dont see blowing hundreds of dollars just so I can say oooo look I have an I-POD or M$ peice of crap player
lol.gif
. and it takes 1 AAA battery. for me this is all I want or need.

DJ:

1) Apple didn't want to license the Mac OS to Gates, not the other way around. Gates went off and procured MS-DOS because Jobs didn't want to license the Mac/Mac OS.

2) Your MP3 player is not a bargain for .5MB @ $60.

3) iPod's are excellent players - which is why they sell so well.

If someone buys something because they think it's cool, that's their prerogative.

M$ will only put out a "me-too" player and software, ho-hum.

Scott

quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:
DJ:

Scott

Exactly. Then, Apple will offer new iPods in the not too distant future to one-up MS. That will keep Apple solidly in the lead in this market.

you know... it really is a good thing that MS is doing this...

It willmake the next ipod even better, and maybe cheaper too!

here's to 60 GB ipod nanos for $199!

JMH

I think MS's fighting chance would be to give away the player like they did with software killing competition by increasing install base. However the material/production cost for software minus engineering is pennies compared to material cost/production of a player.

I agree with ScottB.

I got my 4GB Ipod mini for $65.00 WITH ALL oem apple ACCESSORIES included. it was used, but very well taken care of, by a friend of mine, who got a newer ipod. That's a brgain, imo, and I'm happy about it.

you can't compare a cheap(ly built) 512MB mp3 player with a real ipod.

and you cant expect every person to be able to find a well kept ipod for that price...

a $30 piece mightbe the best that many can do.

JMH

you're right, ipods are fashion statements - and you know how everyone has to be fashionable and hip.

ipods are overpriced, people didn't buy them because of the price - people will pay ANYHTING to be in style, I have literally seen people use white earbuds on other pocket mp3 players just to make everyone think they had an ipod - it's a trend.

I have ZERO doubt in my mind that M$ will take over the portable mp3 player market, no doubt. It will take a little while, it will take $, and it will take a big loss to get there but they will - look what they did with the console gaming market, they just about run that now that sony couldn't get their junk together with the PS3, they are just NOW starting production... M$ is evil, M$ will take you down by ANY means necessary, and successfully so.

Now that's funny!
How long has M$ been in the gaming console market?
You wanna know how much money they've made?
NONE - they've LOST and continue to lose money on it.
In fact, they still can't even put the 360 on the shelves!
LMBO.
Seriously.
What a M$ fanboy you must be.

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:

quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:
DJ:

Scott

Exactly. Then, Apple will offer new iPods in the not too distant future to one-up MS. That will keep Apple solidly in the lead in this market.

You bet. M$ has proven time and time again that they can't innovate, and can only copy/steal/buy the competition.
Sorry, but the ZUME will not ZOOM off of the shelves.
Except for those that dis Apple and the iPod because they can't afford one.

I thought it was named Zune?

Seeing it's name is like the movie Dune (with Sting), it's destined to be a failure.

In the future, Microsoft, in it's ever infinite product-branding wisdom, will rename the product Zune 2007, Zune 2008, Zune X (2010), iZunes, etc.

"How long has M$ been in the gaming console market?"

not long.

"You wanna know how much money they've made?
NONE - they've LOST and continue to lose money on it."

thats how they take markets over, like i said earlier...you following along?

"In fact, they still can't even put the 360 on the shelves!"

odd, everytime i go into an electronics store i see a butt load of 360's.... where do you shop?

"Except for those that dis Apple and the iPod because they can't afford one. "

yeah, THATS why everyone doesn't own one. Must be why everyone doesn't own new-old looking jeans too.

LMAO.

if i wanted to be raped i'd pay less and get something for it, if i'm gonna get it i wanna feel it.

quote:

Originally posted by Zee1:
you're right, ipods are fashion statements - and you know how everyone has to be fashionable and hip.

well, my wife and I certainly don't fall into the that category of getting an ipod to be fashionable. Her car didn't have a cd player, and both of us listen to a lot of music, and now she can listen to hrs of music with the ipod hooked up with a tape adapter in her car, which gives surprisingly good sound quality, and also we can hook it up to the home stereo when we don't feel like changing cds a lot. the mini is rugged, built like a tank, and has great battery life so far, and it's a dream to opertae. I don't think other mp3 players are built quite that way.

This ipod never accompanies her outside of her car or our home. Nobody ever sees it except the 2 of us. So it's NOT a fashion statement for us. Don't stereotype people just 'cause they use an ipod. Some people actually use it in a serious, practical way, just to listen to music.

never saw someone not guilty of something get so defensive, if it's not you then don't worry about it - fact is most people do use it as a fashion statement. Also I wasn't the only one to make note of that fact.

quote:

Originally posted by Zee1:
never saw someone not guilty of something get so defensive, if it's not you then don't worry about it - fact is most people do use it as a fashion statement. Also I wasn't the only one to make note of that fact.

Zee1,
you misunderstood; it was not about getting defensive, But I did feel the need to clarify, and I know I'm not guilty of the fashion statement-thing. if I was guilty of that, I won't have a used mini...it would be one of the newer, flashier ipods filled with all kinds of gimmicks, and a gazillion GB's !

I do agree that these days things like ipods are very often used by esp. younger people (and some old) as a fashion, without being the least serious about their main function, which is to listen to music, where the home stereo is not practical. But as I've already stated, not EVERYbody is that way, and I'd like that to be understood and respected. Many of my friends are very serious about music, and they have mini's...which to me is the good, no-frills ipod, which isn't flashy enough to be a fashion-show off, compared with other, newer ipod models, which are a mobile fashion-show loaded with gimmicks.

quote:

...fact is most people do use it as a fashion statement. Also I wasn't the only one to make note of that fact.

Where is this published?
I know, it's not.
Why?
Because you continually talk out of you tremendously large backside.

quote:

Where is this published?

http://pcworld.about.com/news/May162006id125576.htm

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,63423,00.html

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2005/5/19/358

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,87747,00.html

quote:

NEW YORK — How fashionable are iPods? So chic that designers from Pucci to Coach have created gear to help enthusiasts tote their tunes about in style.

quote:

I know, it's not.

and the PPC mac doesn't blow chunks, right right.

quote:

Why?

because if you didn't see it then that means it doesn't exist, right.

quote:

Because you continually talk out of you tremendously large backside.

hey look mom... i **** facts!

Facts?
You're high.
Because some starlettes in HollyWood use something to be fashionable doesn't mean that the other 99.99% of us real people do.
You are one of these kids that takes everything on blogs and internet pages and holds them as facts, aren't you?
Use your brain.
Of course the iPod is "fashionable" as was the WalkMan, Levi's, and any other number of things. You confuse this with bad, lame, mediocre, and it's none of the above.
Toyota Priuses are fashionable too. Still a good car.
Fact is, MOST people do not buy it as a fashion statement.
53 Million iPods - how many people were polled with your FACTS? Answer: likely none.

Don't they have rehab in Dresden?

[ July 27, 2006, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: ScottB ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back