Michelin Defender LTX on Honda Odyssey 28k mile check-in

JHZR2

Staff member
The Michelin Defender LTX in 235/65-17 104T date code 3719) were installed on our Odyssey at 50k miles in October 2019. This is my wife’s DD so it sees a LOT of in town driving, but it’s also our biggest family vehicle so it gets family road trips. I haven’t rotated the tires (shhhhhh) at all IIRC, so it was a nice day and the kids wanted to help… and I wanted to look at the brake pad thickness, so I did it.

I checked the treads and they’re wearing really well. The van is filthy as I haven’t washed it since the spring.

8F096E70-B46F-4BF5-86B8-119ECEFD1480.jpeg

Were rear, now front:
139DE0B8-E879-4934-AE8E-BDBF35D06783.jpeg

Were front, now rear:
5B7B4796-CD6D-45F4-A353-29833456B629.jpeg

The spec when new was 12/32. We went with the defender LTX because someone on here long ago said that tires more intended for cars don’t do well on heavy vans. I think these are doing pretty well and should at least make their 70k warranty… if not a lot more.

I have no complaints at all about the LTX's on my wife's (now the kids') Expedition. They have plenty of tread left but should be replaced as they are about 7 years old. I'd estimate they have close to 70k on them.

I had those Michelins on my 93 Toyota 4wd PU. Lotsa miles, some really heavy loads and work. Not cheap, put great rubber.

Reactions: GON
I have them on my wife's 14 CR-V. She has almost 71k on them. Still have tread left but by winter they will need to be replaced.

Noice. We just had our first balance and rotate by Costco a few weekends ago on our Odyssey with the Defenders.

Noice. We just had our first balance and rotate by Costco a few weekends ago on our Odyssey with the Defenders.
We should have done that. It’s just more of a pain than to leave them be and diy now and again. I don’t need to be in the shipping center for hours waiting on Costco to rotate.

They’re only 1/32 off front to rear in all that time. Not bad.

We should have done that. It’s just more of a pain than to leave them be and diy now and again. I don’t need to be in the shipping center for hours waiting on Costco to rotate.

They’re only 1/32 off front to rear in all that time. Not bad.
What’s nice now too is Costco has their appointment website so you can schedule ahead of time rather than just walking in.

What’s nice now too is Costco has their appointment website so you can schedule ahead of time rather than just walking in.
I don’t think I realized that. Last time I got tires at Costco were the BFG AT KO2 on my S-10 and they were ordered so I thought that’s why they set me up with a time when they called to te me they were in.

That’s great to know!!

I don’t think I realized that. Last time I got tires at Costco were the BFG AT KO2 on my S-10 and they were ordered so I thought that’s why they set me up with a time when they called to te me they were in.

That’s great to know!!
Oh heck yeah. Appt at 11, show up at 1055, give them keys, they call at 1215-1230 and tell me it’s done. Oh look, our shopping is done too. Wham bam, thanks ma’am.

I’ve got 54k miles on my Defenders. Was planning to replace before winter but decided to try and get another year out of them. Might change my mind if we get heavy snow. Make sure you specify with Costco what type of rotation you want, it’s not always what is expected.

I got these on the '13 Odyssey also. Tires are becoming nosier after 1 year. Are you experiencing the same?

Approximately 20k in ten months on our Durango Michelin Defender LTX, I haven’t gauged them but the still look new. Rotated about every 6k and pressure checked.

I’m at the 41K mark with a set of Defenders on a car that sees a lot of Uber. Right now, tires are worn to 5-6/32nds. I have a feeling these will make to 60-65K before they’re pulled off. I’m going to vouch for another set of these - Costco won’t install these but America’s Tire will.

Back