Michelin Defender LTX M/S2...

Anyone have any experience with this tire? Not much info online. Pretty new and only five sizes available currently.
Hoping they have my OEM size when the time comes.

some of the best tires ever made

I just had the Defender LTX MS installed a few months ago on my 04 GMC Sierra which replaced an older set of the LTX MS and even the set before that so yeah I'm sold on them. I have their Defender tires on a Civic but they don't even make tires in that size anymore and not too many choices either.

LTX Defender 2 for my truck (LT265/70R17) run $330 each. I bit higher than I expected, my current LTX Defender’s ran $265 previously. The Continental TerrainContact H/T which has similar attributes and 60k mile rating runs $273 when I called Belle & Discount tire Tuesday.

The OE tires on my F-150 are the LTX M/S2. They are currently at 35,000 miles and wearing well. They are quiet and pretty good in the rain. Will I replace them with the same tire? Probably not. They are a little too pricey for me. When the replacement time comes, I’ll be looking at General Grabber HTS 60, Falken Wildpeak HT02, or Firestone Destination LE3. There are a couple of Cooper tires that might get a look.

LTX Defender 2 for my truck (LT265/70R17) run $330 each. I bit higher than I expected, my current LTX Defender’s ran $265 previously. The Continental TerrainContact H/T which has similar attributes and 60k mile rating runs $273 when I called Belle & Discount tire Tuesday.
wow big money more than I would expect, where are you?

I ran into the same issue, that's why I ended up with the Conti's.

Back