Michelin CrossClimate2 Installed

the rubber is so soft I’ll be amazed they rate it to 60k. to my thumb nail I can’t see them making it past 30k. But, my wife has had them for at least half a year and they are not wearing quickly. This has been very curious to me.

Ok guys, update. My son had some front end work done and had the tires on for awhile before the work. After seeing them off the car it would appear to be a car issue with uneven, albeit all in a similar way, wear.

If they’re good enough for the Queen’s Lexus, then they’re good enough for BITOG commoners…

411f9949-9fa0-49d5-885d-157fa73ff20f-jpeg.115482
2DF67C38-2864-4548-B5A2-9889E9508922.jpeg

Attachments

• 411F9949-9FA0-49D5-885D-157FA73FF20F.jpeg
    411F9949-9FA0-49D5-885D-157FA73FF20F.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 758
about cc+...... esp was flashing at me this wet august, during a bit faster driving.
Screen Shot 09-04-22 at 05.10 PM.JPG

now almost 50000km, me wonders if this getting is a good life from them.
this and last year - more road noise...
before winter, i need to change tyres, but not sure if CC2 or Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 :eek:
(i´d prefer one which does not harden so fast.)

about cc+...... esp was flashing at me this wet august, during a bit faster driving.
View attachment 115512
now almost 50000km, me wonders if this getting is a good life from them.
this and last year - more road noise...
before winter, i need to change tyres, but not sure if CC2 or Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-3 :eek:
(i´d prefer one which does not harden so fast.)
I’ve only had one set of GY tires that didn’t seem to harden too quickly… all the rest were useless in the rain long before the tread was worn. I’m no longer much interested in treadwear because the effective rain grip is gone long before the rubber depth.

I had the CrossClimate2's installed on my Camry Hybrid last weekend. They're great as far as grip (had a hard rain this week) and hopefully wear, but I've really taken a fuel economy hit. Where I used to get 50+ MPG, I'm now getting low to mid 40s on the highway. I took a trip this week from SW Missouri to Houston, there was no wind to speak of, and sunny and dry the entire trip and I'm sitting @ 42-43 MPG. Disappointing in that respect. The car's mileage does seem to be pretty sensitive to wind in general.

Last edited:
I had the CrossClimate2's installed on my Camry Hybrid last weekend. They're great as far as grip (had a hard rain this week) and hopefully wear, but I've really taken a fuel economy hit. Where I used to get 50+ MPG, I'm now getting low to mid 40s on the highway. I took a trip this week from SW Missouri to Houston, there was no wind to speak of, and sunny and dry the entire trip and I'm sitting @ 42-43 MPG. Disappointing in that respect. The car's mileage does seem to be pretty sensitive to wind in general.
The reviews have shown a trend for a mpg hit. I can’t compare because I went to a smaller wheel size when I bought mine and my mpg has stayed 1 mpg better, but it’s not apples to apples. I suspect they will probably improve with age a little. The Yokohamas on my truck are improving gradually with age.

edit: my lateral traction with the CC2s IS improving. My earlier reviews mention less sideways grip with plenty of gentle warning (fun in a RWD), but to be clear they are beginning to hold more lateral force than they did before.

I did end up getting them cross climate 2 from wal mart. Com for excellent price of 120 a tire plus 120 rebate…on 2012 Prius V and they definitely handle better in dry and the wet-no snow get here either-live in york pa and work in Baltimore County…. I did see an immediate negative impact with regards to gas mileage…. Initially mileage went down to 32-33 mainly highway compared with solid 37 and at times 38…. I drive a lot so have put about 4000 miles on them and today was first time gas mileage reading was about 38…. Last week took trip to Philadelphia on turnpike-speed limit is 70 so can comfortably drive 80 or so… Previous tires got solid 38 going there and coming back mileage would dip down to 36… with these tires got a solid 36 going there and mileage dipped to 34 on the way back…. Conservatively am getting currently 2-3 miles less per gallon….. which gratefully has gone down from the initial 6-7 miles per gallon difference…. I bought Prius used with 160 thousand and has 220 on it now and has knock on wood been a terrific vehicle and so much better mileage than previous 2000 Lexus LS 400… with tires everything is a trade off and even with a Prius-rather have tire that handles and stops better and this tire is reportedly very good for the snow within all season category…. Was a little bit of a shock to go down in mileage that noticeably though when the tires were first put on…. And most people would not be putting so many miles on them initially to see a difference within 5-6 weeks

This will be my next tire on my 21 hrv.....This tire reminds me of the Michelin HydroEdge they made back around 2004 or so...That was a great tire also...

Back