Meguires Professional Quick Detailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Mr. clean car wash near my house and they are offering a wash, interior clean, tire and wheel shine and orbital wax for $49. I called and asked what wax they use and its Professional Quick Detailer from meguires. http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+M6601

Anyone ever use this. The car wash claims its a 3 month wax. Seems like a good deal but would love to hear your thoughts!

It's a cleaner wax like a hundred others on the market. It's not a spray on quick detailer, that's the product name. Sounds like a very reasonable price to me. For it to last three months conditions would have to be perfect, six to eight weeks is more realistic but the price is still right.

Well I did it today and it looks great! Car looks wet and shiny! I got rid of almost all the swirls. I can't see any when the car is outside but in the garage under low light if you move around and get the angles just right you can kind of see them. So all in all I'm happy. I think I'm going to hand wash nex time and follow up with a wax that I'll apply by hand because I dont have an orbital.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RTexasF
It's a cleaner wax like a hundred others on the market. It's not a spray on quick detailer, that's the product name.

That makes more sense - thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted By: ryland
Well I did it today and it looks great! Car looks wet and shiny! I got rid of almost all the swirls. I can't see any when the car is outside but in the garage under low light if you move around and get the angles just right you can kind of see them. So all in all I'm happy. I think I'm going to hand wash nex time and follow up with a wax that I'll apply by hand because I dont have an orbital.

Use a spray detailer often to keep and maintain the wax and shine
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just wash and wax one section of your car at a time. You can even do 2 coats that way.

Originally Posted By: roushstage2
Wrong type of product. Meguiar's Quick Detailer is a cleaner wax, not a detail spray.
smile.gif

Once again Meguiars uses names (Quick Detailer) that are not consistent for other similar named products from Meguiars or the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back