Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax

Local WM had these on clearance for $5 a pop, regular $23. Had about twenty boxes on the clearance shelf, picked up one as I have a lot of other products already. :D
1646094725215.jpg

Great deal. Just tried the new stuff (at +$20) and will see if it last linger than the old formular which did not fair to well outdoors in the Fl sun. Go to for longevity at the moment is Finish Kare 1000.

That is a great deal. I was under the impression though that the Ultimate line of products with the yellow back round is the new formula.

It is. And I can say this after using it on 2 different vehicles. It does not go on/come off any easier (I put it on super thin and removed as on label). It also still leaves white residue in the crevices but not as much. Will update longevity when the time comes.

Great deal. Just tried the new stuff (at +$20) and will see if it last linger than the old formular which did not fair to well outdoors in the Fl sun. Go to for longevity at the moment is Finish Kare 1000.
Interesting post. A year ago I did 1/2 of roof of my black SUV with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid and 1/2 with Turtle Wax ICE Paste. To me, they both seemed to fall short of what I was expecting compared to the old days of using that "Orange Bottle" which I did put on the hood of the SUV.

Yeah, the Midlands of South Carolina summer sun can be brutal for 6 months of the year and none of them seemed to have met my expectations.
I was a bit surprised at the Orange Bottle, used to far and away exceed my expectations and still may have been a bit better but you cant get it on plastic and that is a major disadvantage.
Maybe because this is my first Black vehicle in a long time, throw in the SC sun and never lower than 90 degree daytime highs for quite a few months.
With the above said, all 3, Meguiars Ultimate, Turtle Wax ICE paste, that orange bottle (Nu Finish) outlasted Turtle Wax Spray wax by a wide margin.

Anyway, next I am going to try a bottle of Griots 3 in1 Ceramic which some people seem to swear by.
So when its time to wax again, I use a multitude of waxes and see if there is much difference.

Used that for a few years, it’s good stuff. Excellent shine and water beading with decent longevity. Seemed to develop water spots badly, though.

Interesting post. A year ago I did 1/2 of roof of my black SUV with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid and 1/2 with Turtle Wax ICE Paste. To me, they both seemed to fall short of what I was expecting compared to the old days of using that "Orange Bottle" which I did put on the hood of the SUV.

Yeah, the Midlands of South Carolina summer sun can be brutal for 6 months of the year and none of them seemed to have met my expectations.
I was a bit surprised at the Orange Bottle, used to far and away exceed my expectations and still may have been a bit better but you cant get it on plastic and that is a major disadvantage.
Maybe because this is my first Black vehicle in a long time, throw in the SC sun and never lower than 90 degree daytime highs for quite a few months.
With the above said, all 3, Meguiars Ultimate, Turtle Wax ICE paste, that orange bottle (Nu Finish) outlasted Turtle Wax Spray wax by a wide margin.

Anyway, next I am going to try a bottle of Griots 3 in1 Ceramic which some people seem to swear by.
So when its time to wax again, I use a multitude of waxes and see if there is much difference.
Alabama has brutal summers…..FK 1000 has recently lasted me right at 6 months but you can’t get it on trim……

Back