Mechanix Gloves - Are They Durable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: glennc
I HATE wearing gloves when I'm working on a car. Makes everything 3x as hard. Do you guys find that too, and just put up with it?

Also don't you get grease and [censored] all over the gloves which then gets transferred to every other part, and every tool, you touch?

Well sometimes it's not a matter of choice due to frigid weather.

If it's warm and I'm not reefing on anything, nitrile polymer gloves are all I need - just to keep the grime out. The worst thing is finger threading fasteners (nuts) with polymer gloves……..and the glove material gets caught in the threads and naturally the glove rips!!!

I'm really digging my Sears dexterity gloves for working on AND riding the motorized bike this winter. Just wrench a bit, wipe gloved hands on a clean rag and jump on and ride. Woooowhoo!!

after yrs of pushing too hard and busting my knuckles, I pay more attention and dont push so dam hard. Wish I'd figured that out 40 yrs ago.

I catch them on sale at sears for 10$ a pair. Craftsman gloves are identical. They have had some runs of them which are utter [censored], I had a pair shred apart on me the first time i used them, so i sent them in and they sent me a new pair, so since then I have been loyal to mechanix wear for their great product support.

I use gloves whenever I am doing brakes, suspension or tire/wheel work. I always wear latex or nitrile gloves, Ill usually just throw these over them. I wouldnt pay 20$ a pair though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back