McKee’s Hydroblue

I am now spending $1000 to correct the damage this product did to my car’s finish: it looks like it was detailed with a greasy hamburger and requires extensive professional 3-step polishing. Fellow enthusiasts, I warn you: look elsewhere or else

I used Hydro Blue Pro. It was easy to apply. One/two sprays per panel and hose it off with a strong stream of water. I didn't like the durability of the product, but it wasn't bad to use.

I am now spending $1000 to correct the damage this product did to my car’s finish: it looks like it was detailed with a greasy hamburger and requires extensive professional 3-step polishing. Fellow enthusiasts, I warn you: look elsewhere or else
Sounds like you either:

1) applied in the sun or to a hot panel
2) applied too much and did not rinse quickly enough, or did not rinse thoroughly enough and allowed for splatter to dry on an adjacent panel
3) allowed the product to dry on the surface by applying the product to too many panels at a time
4) all of the above

I have used the product extensively (along with Hydro2, which is the same concept) with no issues.

Here is an example:
05A870EC-2FB0-4097-A7D6-F1A818E41993.jpeg

And @nthach saw this car in person right before I took this picture.

Sounds like you either:

2) applied too much and did not rinse quickly enough, or did not rinse thoroughly enough and allowed for splatter to dry on an adjacent panel
3) allowed the product to dry on the surface by applying the product to too many panels at a time
4) all of the above

I have used the product extensively (along with Hydro2, which is the same concept) with no issues.

Here is an example:
View attachment 27858
And @nthach saw this car in person right before I took this picture.

Sounds like you either:

4) all of the above

Same here, Ive used HydrO2 and HydroBlue extensively. They are amongst my favorite products because they allow me to maintain my paint surface totally touch free, and make drying easier as well.

Agree on this assessment.

The only issue I ever had was that I ran HydrO2 too heavy, and it appears to have precipitated out after the rinse off and dry. I left it alone (was barely noticeable on a black car), and it was gone after a rain.

I did get smearing once using HydroFoam, but that was because I did allow it to dry on the surface by accident (foamed the car and it was a very dry day). I buffed the car out with the CarPro agent and it was perfectly fine, certainly not a $1000 fix.

$1000 to correct a mess left from a ceramic “spray and rinse” product!!?? Somebody is taking you for a ride.

I recently messed up applying a very similar product by doing it the sun. Yeah it was a mess and a bit of a pain in the butt to remove, but came off with relative ease when I hit it with a degreaser.

Big on gripes, short on facts. $1000 detail for exterior only? You really do have problems if this is true.

Big on gripes, short on facts. $1000 detail for exterior only? You really do have problems if this is true.
To be fair, we do not know how large of a vehicle this is and how extensive of a correction was requested. Removing the high spots from this product does not require correction, a light polish is all that's needed.

But $1K for an exterior detail is not out of the norm at all for this area if any correction work is requested. In fact, that is probably the lower end of the market.

Critic,

Like I said "short on facts" but $1000 to allegedly correct a spray on rinse off product? I don't buy it regardless of what prices are in your area.

Critic,

Like I said "short on facts" but $1000 to allegedly correct a spray on rinse off product? I don't buy it regardless of what prices are in your area.
Agreed. Regardless, $1K just for correcting the high spots is very excessive.

Back