Mazda truck brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son and I changed the rotors and pads on his 91 Mazda truck and now we can't get any pressure. We filled up the master cylinder and started bleeding the lines. Then the m/c just lost pressure. We loosened the lines at the m/c and can't get any fluid out. What are we doing wrong?

Well when you changed the pads and rotors what did you do to the calipers..? w/ the exception of pushing the pistons back a bit they shouldnt had much done to them. It's obviously something you have done, just need to know what all you've done??
44H

All we did was push the piston back with a C clamp replace the rotors, install new pads, and fill up the m/c with new fluid. Started bleeding the lines and it lost pressure. The book said to bleed the m/c so we tried loosening the lines right at the m/c but can't get fluid to bleed out.

quote:

Originally posted by wlkjr1951:
All we did was push the piston back with a C clamp replace the rotors, install new pads, and fill up the m/c with new fluid. Started bleeding the lines and it lost pressure. The book said to bleed the m/c so we tried loosening the lines right at the m/c but can't get fluid to bleed out.

Just a guess, but possible that dirt was pushed from the line into the MC and has lodged in a seal. A basic explanation of MC's is on POPMECH
Good luck.

Beanoil, thanks for the link. I read it over and we backed the truck up a hill to get the m/c level and that did the trick. It would then blow my finger off the bottom hole in the m/c and purge fluid. Connected it back up and did a thorough bleeding and now have a full pedal. It will stop on a dime and all for about $55. The old rotors were shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back