Matco Hyper-Step Drill Bits

Rumor is that Astro Pneumatic makes the Matco Hyper-Step Drill Bits. The 1/4" and up sizes are supposedly lifetime warranty plus they have a reduced shank. JTDCO is selling the KnKut brand hyper-step bits for 1/3 less. Obviously no warranty and missing the reduced shank.

Does anyone know if the Matco Hyper-Step bits are better than the competition? Are these stepped drill bits even worth the money for drilling out broken bolts?

My Snap on dealer was also selling a set for less than matco. Different brand than those as well in the round cup shaped holder 29 piece set
Matco been selling those pretty well around here so they are scrambling to get a cut of the money and the copy cats are coming
A guy I work with has the matco I’ll ask him how they are tomorrow

Neat! Where were these all my life. Now that I'm old and tired and really can't use them, they finally come out with what was needed all along!

Rumor is that Astro Pneumatic makes the Matco Hyper-Step Drill Bits. The 1/4" and up sizes are supposedly lifetime warranty plus they have a reduced shank. JTDCO is selling the KnKut brand hyper-step bits for 1/3 less. Obviously no warranty and missing the reduced shank.

Does anyone know if the Matco Hyper-Step bits are better than the competition? Are these stepped drill bits even worth the money for drilling out broken bolts?
I don't own any of these but they do look interesting.

Back