Master Bedroom House

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
While I was away in Florida last year I toured many houses while I was out and about.

Now the houses were single level on slab as typical.

One house had what i would call 4 master bedrooms. Each had a full bath and walk in closets.

Now it had a den slash possible 5 th bedroom with a hall bath next to it.

Do you like that floor plan?
To me it would be ideal for people that like to socialize with out of town guests. Almost like a hotel room for them.
The house itself was about 2500 sq ft. New build Mediterranean style.

The house was in a quiet part of town with just a 1/4 acre lot..2 car garage and about $450k
Average for the hood 😀

You like???
Mostly asking about the 4 master bedrooms.

Last edited:
I personally don’t like it. I’d have to see it, but bedrooms to me are just that. Bedrooms. You don‘t entertain in them, watch a football game, sit at the bar, have thanksgiving dinner in them. You don’t throw your kids graduation party in there. To me that would be a waste of space.

But that might just be me, but I’d like to use some of that space differently.

I personally don’t like it. I’d have to see it, but bedrooms to me are just that. Bedrooms. You don‘t entertain in them, watch a football game, sit at the bar, have thanksgiving dinner in them. You don’t throw your kids graduation party in there. To me that would be a waste of space.

Are you against that many bedrooms or the fact that they have full baths in them?

My ranch I had custom built has a mother-Inlaw suite with its own entry door to the patio. It also has insulated interior walls to help mitigate noise. It is also plumbed and set up for a stacked washer and dryer but not installed. I could probably rent the suite out which would go a long way towards property tax.

My ranch I had custom built has a mother-Inlaw suite with its own entry door to the patio. It also has insulated interior walls to help mitigate noise. It is also plumbed and set up for a stacked washer and dryer but not installed. I could probably rent the suite out which would go a long way towards property tax.
Yeah that's nice.
In Florida with all the hard surfaces I like the wall insulation. Noise likes to bounce all around with the standard builds there.

Q0

He meant the people that own the house invite others down to stay with them for a week or two. This gives the visitors their privacy.

While I was away in Florida last year I toured many houses while I was out and about.

Now the houses were single level on slab as typical.

One house had what i would call 4 master bedrooms. Each had a full bath and walk in closets.

Now it had a den slash possible 5 th bedroom with a hall bath next to it.

Do you like that floor plan?
To me it would be ideal for people that like to socialize with out of town guests. Almost like a hotel room for them.
The house itself was about 2500 sq ft. New build Mediterranean style.

The house was in a quiet part of town with just a 1/4 acre lot..2 car garage and about $450k
Average for the hood 😀

You like???
Mostly asking about the 4 master bedrooms.
It's just an expensive luxury. Depending on where in Florida I could see it having a lot of value for an homeowner who has a lot of guests of which many are themselves elderly and for guests who tend to stay awhile..

That's how my parents' house (the one we grew up in) was. Four bedroom, each bedroom had it's own full bathroom. Loved it!! It was a mid-century modern art deco style house, about 4000 square feet, single story. Plenty of room for all five of us (parents, brother, sister, and I).

We just got back from staying at my in-laws in Florida on Sunday. Their house is setup like that with a separate casita as well with 2 more bedrooms and baths as well as a living area with a kitchenette and laundry. It’s a great setup and very common there. Your guests can come and go and not have to be right on top of you in the same house.

I’d say most newer houses around me that are over 2,000 sq feet have a bedroom with a bathroom attached. My house is that way as well except 2 of the bedrooms have the shower/toilet between them but have their own sink/vanity.

Growing up, I had to go down the hall to the bathroom, albeit a short hall since it was a small house.

Never saw the reasoning in huge master bedrooms that you sleep in. Wasted space.

Friends have a home near Branson. The second floor has a second master suite. Also on the second floor are two additional bedrooms with a shared bath. Each bedroom has its own private sink, but then shares a tub/shower combo and toilet. Seems to be a good compromise when space doesn't allow for three bedrooms and three full baths. Plus, all of this on second floor, is at the opposite end of the house as the first floor master suite, for maximum privacy and quietness.

If a couple comes to visit, they get the second master suite on the second floor. If they also bring kids, then they get to share a bathroom.

Last edited:
We just got back from staying at my in-laws in Florida on Sunday. Their house is setup like that with a separate casita as well with 2 more bedrooms and baths as well as a living area with a kitchenette and laundry. It’s a great setup and very common there. Your guests can come and go and not have to be right on top of you in the same house.

I’d say most newer houses around me that are over 2,000 sq feet have a bedroom with a bathroom attached. My house is that way as well except 2 of the bedrooms have the shower/toilet between them but have their own sink/vanity.

Growing up, I had to go down the hall to the bathroom, albeit a short hall since it was a small house.
My brothers first house he had I did not like.
A bathroom that had a door to the hallway and MB.

That's how my parents' house (the one we grew up in) was. Four bedroom, each bedroom had it's own full bathroom. Loved it!! It was a mid-century modern art deco style house, about 4000 square feet, single story. Plenty of room for all five of us (parents, brother, sister, and I).
Your sister looks pretty hot in your avatar.................:love::love:😄😁😆😅:oops::oops:

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 8.41.30 AM.png

(while typing the above, once again BITOG issues, the page froze up so I took a screenshot what I typed real quick before I lost it, now that I refreshed the page and pasted it above I can continue to type, I think they have issues with their ad server in Safari, dont know if it happens to anyone else)

anyway ... our daughter who lives the furthest will sleep over from time to time, over the holidays ect and very, very rare occasion maybe an out of town sibling. So my point is this! Let them share one bathroom for the limited time we have guests. Otherwise it would have been another bathroom to keep clean and it would never be used. We keep out home impeccable and when it comes to cleaning the bathrooms Im so glad I dont and wont have to keep another one clean. When people do stay at our home, they get deluxe accommodations *LOL* but no private bathroom in their room. They all have queen size well made mattresses and bedding, TV's Roku players.

We would never consider a home with so many bathrooms but there is a purpose for them that may need them.

Last edited:
My brothers first house he had I did not like.
A bathroom that had a door to the hallway and MB.
My childhood home was like that. A split level with the master up 7 steps from the main level with a bathroom accessible from the top of the steps or the bedroom but it was just too many doors.

The other bath was down 7 steps from the main level for the other 2 bedrooms. Now that I think about it, a terrible design if someone broke a leg or couldn’t do steps as there weren’t any bathrooms on the main level.

Sounds like a heavenly layout for guests. And if you're somewhere good in FL, like near a beach or parks, you may have more than an average amount of guests.

My childhood home was like that. A split level with the master up 7 steps from the main level with a bathroom accessible from the top of the steps or the bedroom but it was just too many doors.

The other bath was down 7 steps from the main level for the other 2 bedrooms. Now that I think about it, a terrible design if someone broke a leg or couldn’t do steps as there weren’t any bathrooms on the main level.
That was the same as his. Split level.
Today here they build them huge 2 and 3 stories but no master or full bath on floor one.
Like you said if you are older or have an injury you are done

Back