MASSIVE negative camber - seriously comical amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
5692090051_bd0639eb42_o.jpg

Like this or worse?

The front wasn't nearly as bad. The rear was worse. I'm serious, it was unbelievably bad. If he hadn't driven by me I would think it undriveable.

I always make sure to point at them and laugh out loud at them haha. What blows my mind is that they're not embarrassed to be seen driving around like that!

That is great.
No not really

I was out in Colorado on a motorcycle trip and saw several bikes that had automobile tires on the rear wheel.

I asked the riders some questions. They said they got 40k miles of wear instead of normal 10k miles

They said they handled ok in corners but it took some getting used to.

They said they would never go back to motorcycle tires. I said that I would always have motorcycle tires on my bike and they simply said you spend more to ride.

These folks that change tires, camber, rims and wheel wells probably look for attention and spending less money for tires on bikes.

Anyway they are out there Just be careful of them and their riding and stopping ability

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
I was out in Colorado on a motorcycle trip and saw several bikes that had automobile tires on the rear wheel.

aka Darkside.

By the way who comes up with the name for these trends anyways?

I would have friends that would post stuff like that on social media although well done I don't want to say anything bad or even get in their car. Being a truck guy I couldn't get it in the fun but I had a satirical approach lol:

Hmm maybe if I get bigger wheels and tires I can achieve ultimate fitment but I don't want to roll my fenders tho...
vCNm1C8.jpg

Can't any fat chicks in this ride bruh... One hard bump and it will be rub city yo...
FFUxpP7.jpg

They're all over Phoenix too. Usually the Ricer Civics though. But I have seen it on FR-S too.

Absolutely ridiculous. They have the contact patch of a bicycle. I'll probably get rear-ended by one someday by it trying to stop but endlessly skidding.

I have seen a lot of Honda SUVs and minivans with comical amounts of rear camber in them.

I am expecting someone to start making a tire that has tread on the inner sidewall for them.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
I'll start of by apologizing for not having a picture of this gem.

Leaving work I saw a Scion FR-S that was slammed and had what looked like -30+ degrees of camber in the rear. It actually looked like the wheel was at a 45* angle, but I'll conservatively say -30*. Based on the non-existent ground clearance and presumably ultra high spring rates, what in the ever loving [censored] is the point? His contact patch has to be so freaking compromised that even if he cornered at maximum G's he wouldn't gain more contact than if he started with only a few degrees of negative camber.

The only thing I can think of, is he's obviously a Tokyo drifter.

Thoughts?

Here's a Miata that has been made stupid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVmssfF4cF4

Please don't enjoy.

BC.

Unfortunately, they have invaded where I live too. I've seen a BMW and a Subaru so far. The dumbest thing I've seen really, as it serves no purpose and dangerous.

have adjustable coil overs...kind of want to drop them to the bottom and take a picture just to throw it up here. Judge on people...judge on.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
have adjustable coil overs...kind of want to drop them to the bottom and take a picture just to throw it up here. Judge on people...judge on.

Making changes just for a photo op is one thing, but would you actually drive your car with those suspension settings for the rest of your life?

BC.

Not trying to defend the indefensible, but a truck or jeep with a 1'+ lift and huge tires is also relatively crippled on the road. Many of those are just for looks as well...

Used to see this often when I lived in VA. Usually on Honda's

You could never have one like that here in Corpus with all the [censored] roads we have!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back