Map Sensor location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings and good evening all in the land of the great Bitog!

Does anyone have any idea where the Map sensor would be located on a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with the 3.1 V-6? I've searched all over the engine AND done a number of different internet searches and simply cannot locate the cottin' pickin' thing.

I found it easily on my 1996 Buick Century with the same motor, (3.1) but apparently, on the '95 Olds, it lives in a hidden place. In a word - help!

Thanks in advance. GreeCguy

It should be the same as the 96 Buick you looked at and look like this:

ms21-2.jpg

If it's not on the back side of the upper intake, then it's time to follow the vacuum lines.

There are two 7mm bolts holding it to the upper intake manifold. It is pictured in this thread courtesy of The Eric.

Thanks for the picture. That's exactly like the one I purchased and exactly like the one on the Buick which sits on the back of the intake manifold next to the coil pack. Said Map sensor is held in place by two 7 mm screws that are about 2 inches long that pass through two holes and into a holding bracket. It's easy to see and easy to service.

The Oldsmobile however, is a different story. I purchased the Map sensor which looks like the one pictured and looks exactly like the one on the '96 Buick. The problem, however, is that on the '95 Oldsmobile, it must be in a different location. I've searched and searched and simply cannot find the thing. Perhaps I need to tilt my head a different way.

GreeCguy- since the MAP sensor is hooked to a manifold vacuum source, if it is not in it's typical location then you'll just have to follow the vacuum lines from the upper intake. There shouldn't be that many. If you get a decent picture of the engine bay, we could help you too.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you guys - busy, busy, busy in these parts.

So . . . I traced the vacuum lines - there are three. One is a great big hose that heads to the brake booster - so that's not it.

One heads to what I believe is the fuel pressure regulator, (it's a small tiny line that hooks up to this small round silver thing). So that's not it.

One T's off in two directions. One direction heads to the front of the motor and finds it's home with the PCV valve. The other side of the "T" heads to the back of the motor to a device that lives under the coil pack. It looks nothing like the MAP sensor. This device has a vacuum line that runs in, and one that runs out allllllll the way to the charcoal can which lives behind the headlight on the passenger side of the car.

I have looked and looked and looked in broad daylight with a flashlight and in every position my body will bend and I still cannot find this thing. Uggggggg!!!!!

Is the underhood sticker that shows the vacuum line routing missing? It should tell you where the MAP sensor is.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Is the underhood sticker that shows the vacuum line routing missing? It should tell you where the MAP sensor is.

The sticker is still there and does not indicate any kind of MAP sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back