Malibu Spark Plug Wire Clips

Hi I have a 2002 Chevy Malibu with the 3.1 V6 and I just replaced the spark plug wires. While I was getting them into place I noticed that the bracket for one of the clips that holds three of the wires together near the back driver's side of the engine is not connected. I think a mechanic must have disconnected it when I had my LIM gasket replaced and never bolted it back into place. I want to bolt the clip back in its proper location so the new wires aren't compromised but I am having a really hard time figuring out where the clip is supposed to be bolted. This is probably a long shot but the cars are common enough that someone here might be able to help me. Photos would be really helpful too, but I know it is a hard area to see into. Thanks in advance for any help.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2021
I took all of mine off my 3800 and bought after market ones. I didn't think they bolted on. I thought the slid or clipped in to something.

If you're missing the one on the rear side of the intake, then it went on the corner bolt, I believe. That one is for the wires being routed towards the front. It also seems that one went on the stud/nut for the coil mounting bracket as well for the rear bank's wires. I have one in the family, but it's away right now or else I'd just go and look, instead of going off of memory.

jen0910

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
If you're missing the one on the rear side of the intake, then it went on the corner bolt, I believe. That one is for the wires being routed towards the front. It also seems that one went on the stud/nut for the coil mounting bracket as well for the rear bank's wires.
Thanks for the input. The one that I am having trouble with actually goes to the wires being routed towards the back cylinders. I am getting close to being really creepy the next time I see someone with a Malibu and asking them if I could look under their hood...haha.

If the car is around tonight I'll snap a photo for you. The rear bank's clip should mount to the coil bracket (stud/nut) and tuck down on the right side as viewed from the front- although some go do the left side.