Maintenance question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2001 Ford Ranger with 117,xxx miles on it. Since new, this vehicle has always had all of its fluids changed every 30,000 miles. At 90,000 I changed all of the fluids to synthetic - Mobil 1 ATF in the auto tranny (full flush with filter change), power steering flushed with mobil 1 ATF, transfere case has Mobil 1 ATF, front diff has Mobil 1 75w-90, rear diff has Mobil 1 75w-140, brake fluid flushed with Valvoline Synthetic DOT 3-4, and Zerex G-05 in the cooling system. Do you think these fluids need to be replaced at the same interval, or should extend their change interval? The truck runs very well, and has no known problems/issues. Thanks in advance for any help!

I think you can safely bump up the interval to between 50K and 60K. I would still do the brake fluid at 2 years. Add a Magnefine inline filter to the transmission.

thanks for the response. I'm not as concerned with the condition of the fluid as I am the age of the vehicle's componants. I was thinking of flushing the coolant because there is a small amount of sedimant in the tank, this could be gasket material from changing out the leaking thermostat housing. also, I was considering changing out the transfere case to avoid any 4x4 problems this winter. Does the Magnafine filter install in the tranny cooler lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.