Mahle OC711 from Nissan VQ35DE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first C&P ever! sorry for the roughness...hack saw for this one. These are pretty tiny filters, they fit a bunch of Japanese brands, and some OPE engines. The filter came from my 2013 Maxima, was in use for 6500km with Pennzoil Platinum 5W30. Ignore any metal debris from the hack saw. I didn't see any shiny bits in the pleats, and what nice pleat spacing eh? everything looks high quality, nice inexpensive filter in my opinion. The rubber mounting sealing ring (square profile) is not shown, it's at the bottom of the garbage pail and I am not digging it out for a photo.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Mahle_OC711_1 - Copy by Ken McC, on Flickr

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Mahle_OC711_2 - Copy by Ken McC, on Flickr

Hope you like this?

Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

Sad to see it's Chinese now
cry.gif

Is it small like the Fram 6607 size? Would the taller 7317-size fit?

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

Sad to see it's Chinese now
cry.gif

Is it small like the Fram 6607 size? Would the taller 7317-size fit?

I use the larger 7317 on both of my Nissans and my niece's Saturn.

Last edited:
The Korean KIA Hyundia fit. Most all Japanese cars use the same spin -on filter except for Toyota that were non-metric.

The Hyundai filter didnt work well on my NIssan. The Honda Filtec for an S2000 ran well but tore the element away from the baseplate.

If you want a larger filte, r the prev gen Nissan Titan V8 filter is same as most all Japanese cars with spin ons ( except Toyota )

NO China filters for me!

Thanks for the Cut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back