Mag1 Multivehicle LV ATF vs Castrol Transmax vs Valvoline Maxlife ATF

Ok guys, I was going for Redline D6 first but they're out of stock here. So my options for 6L90E calling Dexron VI fluid are these three. Which one should I go for?
I'm running now the Mag1, no major complaints about that. Only sometimes 3-4 shift throws the rpm's high.
Since I live in Finland, these are the only options to choose from.(not a huge selection of fluids for American cars)

They should be OK, just prefer the specified fluid vs. a multi-make version. Could be the reason for your 3-4 shift throws the rpm's high.
Makes sense, but those all are multivehicle tyoe fluids and Dexron VI specified, and fully synthetic. Transmax seems the "most specific" because of the front label says Dexron VI?
I know one quicklube chain that has Mobil Dexron VI, but that is a synthetic blend, and I prefer using fully synthetic.

Of course I could get maybe AcDelco Dexron VI from the dealer too, but not sure if that is the best oil for the higher price.

Last edited:
I've used the Mag 1 and Castrol, and both have worked well. I'm sure the Maxlife is good, too.

I found a Dexron VI specific fluid available like atikovi suggested, Ravenol Dexron VI full synthetic. From what I found on BITOG, Ravenol should make high quality products?
Is there benefits using specific fluid instead of universal fluid?

Valvoline MaxLife. I've used it in all my GM truck transmissions with success. And it is fully synthetic. Not sure about the others you listed.

I have used the Castrol and MaxLife in both full sized and FWD GM‘s and Ford FWD …
The hardest on fluid was the FWD GM … not the larger units …
MaxLife not did not have oxidation issues … AC Delco did.

I think that the struggle to choose is solved. I still managed to find Redline D6 and will try that, I'll get it half price so it's a no-brainer for me.

Back