M1 Advanced Full Synth HM 5W30 and M1 Extended Performance Full Synth 5W30

Attached are VOA's for these two M1 oils. I also included docs from the M1 website showing specs for each respective oil.

As of the date of this posting, Walmart is selling a 5qt jug of the Adv for $22.37, and a jug of the EP for only two dollars more at $24.37.

Attachments

• VOA M1-AFS-HM-5W30.pdf
    527.3 KB · Views: 457
  • VOA M1-EP-HM-5W30.pdf
    275 KB · Views: 384
Thanks for posting. To my untrained eye the AFS looks to be the better product with higher key add packs? Am I mistaken?

Which flavor of the oils will provide my engine with the least amount of wear per mile ?

Thanks for sending in and posting. I'd agree there is likely and edge in the base stocks to accommodate longer runs for EP.

The VOA results are so close to be almost the same when you consider sample variance.

The specs on the website show a significant difference in the viscosity where Adv (11.9) is higher than EP (10.6). However, the VOA results contradict this where Adv (11.2) is slightly lower than EP (11.4). Again, almost the same.

The price difference of $2 for 5qt is very small and does not reflect any substantial difference that you would expect if the base stock were really different. I don't know what additive costs a couple bucks to double the OCI from 10K to 20K miles.

I'm hinting at a conclusion that I'm not openly stating.

Last edited:
Back