M1 Abrams Tank vs ISIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
A single M1 Abrams tank crewed by Iraqi take on ISIS for several days in city of Hit. Thumb up to Iraqi crew, this is an example of fighting sprite, they were running away at a sight of any ISIS fighter, now they fight for their lives.

Quote:
A single Iraqi M1 Abrams tank has been reportedly devastating Islamic State positions within the city of Hit in western Iraq's Anbar province, earning the nickname "The Beast" on social media and among U.S. and coalition advisers.

Quote:
The tank had been maneuvering in and around enemy positions inside Hit that at one point, U.S. advisers monitoring the fighting assumed several Iraqi tanks were operating within Hit, Warren said.

"We actually had to reach into the unit and discover it was just one tank that was tearing up Hit all by itself," he said of the tank's combat performance, earning it the "Beast" moniker.

"So this tank has been so successful, this one tank crew, that the American advisers who actually watch this tank in action have -- have given it the hero-of-the-day award for, like, several days running."

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Securit...e/7781460640430

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Tanks are obsolete for modern warfare, but for obsolete warfare it's great!

This is modern warfare.

Originally Posted By: Leo99

This is modern warfare.
OH!

Originally Posted By: Leo99

This is modern warfare.

ISIS has wireless TOW 2B's? How modern is ISIS?

Going in with "Gang Busters" while the other side throws rocks is not modern warfare.

Last edited:
According to some, tanks have been "obsolete" since the end of WWII. We had to learn the hard way they are not once again in Korea where our M4s were not a match for the T series supplied by our Russian "friends". The M 26 was not ready in quantity at the start of the Korean War. We were also told the M 48 was to be of no use in the jungles of Vietnam . It was. Nothing like hearing the M1A1 is obsolete from someone who never welcomed the sound of one of yours clanking up to bail you out of a jam. But, keep running your mouth. You have my utter contempt. There's a single Iraq army crewed M1A1 running WILD in the city of Hit as we speak, doing so much damage to the ISIS terrorists the crew has made the world news. ISIS is an enemy, and YOU say the tank giving them so much trouble is obsolete? What's your comic book way of dealing with the problem, assuming you have vast experience in the Armour Branch?

Last edited:
^^^^ I don't care if this guy ever changes his oil or votes Democrat or Republican. His comments make me proud to be an American, in spite of our president.
39.gif

M1A1 Abrams tank isn't a bad or obsolete weapon, but it still can't drive itself into battlefield, it needs a crew of brave men/women who are willing to use it.

ISIS captured few M1A1 tanks from Iraqi last few years, the solders just dropped everything and ran away without firing a shot. Now Iraqi solders fight back, the crew of this tank are an example of a good weapon is of no use by itself, until someone actually use it.

Quote:
The ISIS fleet of captured U.S. military vehicles, including M1A1 tanks, grew by more than 100 when Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) fled the provincial capital of Ramadi 60 miles west of Baghdad and abandoned their equipment , Pentagon officials said Tuesday.

In addition, "there were some artillery pieces left behind," said Army Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman, but he could not say how many.

Quote:
About 100 wheeled vehicles and "in the neighborhood of dozens of tracked vehicles" were lost to ISIS when the last remaining Iraqi defenders abandoned the city of about 500,000, Warren said.

The tracked vehicles were mostly armored personnel carriers but "maybe half a dozen tanks" were in the mix, Warren said. He did not say what type of tanks they were. Photos posted by ISIS on social media purported to show about 10 M1A1 Abrams tanks in their possession and large amounts of captured ammunition.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/...adi-from-i.html

These arab armies are terrible. But, anyone that kills ISIS puts a smile on my face.

As to the M1 Abrams tank, it wont be long before they are knocked out with a Russian, Chinese or American anti-tank missile. I can guarantee that those ISIS clowns have made frantic phone calls in search of an anti-tank missile and have received them by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back