M1 5W30, 6K Miles, 03 GM 4.2L

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Blackstone UOA for my 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer with the 4.2L I-6 engine. The oil used was M1 5W-30 and it was changed at about 6,000 miles. The Oil Filter was a Napa Gold 1522 and the Air Filter was a Fram CA9345. Blackstone commented on the Cu being a little high. This vehicle only has the basic GM Oil Life Monitor so I can't tell you what percent of life was left, but I didn't reset it when I changed the oil and it recently went off at about 93,000 miles; meaning that the OLM recommended leaving the oil in for 9,000 miles. I drive about 20 miles each way to work in a mix of city and highway driving and the temperature here in southern Arizona rarely drops below freezing. The previous fill was PP 5W-30 and the one before that M1 5W-30.

Cheers,
Jeff

231fk1.jpg

Not bad results at all. Nice and consistent between runs.

Engine is easy on oil - all runs held viscosity and flashpoint very, very well.

Isn't your OLM calibrated for regular dino and not synthetic? If it says dino was good for about 9000 miles, how much longer could you have left the synthetic in?

Yes, the OLM is probably set up for a conventional. I would be comfortable extending the change interval of the oils that I have been using out to 7,000 or 8,000 miles, but I don't think that I would go so far as 9,000 miles. It wasn't too long ago that I was a member of the 3,000 mile club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back