M0507 Green or Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by medic:
I'm still confused as to why the elves would switch to gold....

-

quote:

Originally posted by Boxgrover:

quote:

Originally posted by medic:
I'm still confused as to why the elves would switch to gold.

Not having yet opened a bottle of green, generally how long after being in the engine is its disticntive colour no longer present?

In regards to Medic's comment: I firmly believe that Castrol is targeting the German auto community in the US and so the oil is adjusted to meet the specs of that community. They have obviously changed the formula to meet the current state of those requirements and also changed the color to eliminate confusion between the two formulae. I also REALLY BELIEVE that those who return the Gold are making a big mistake. I think it will be a great oil. I would ask everyone to remember...depending how closely your engine parallels the requirements for which the oil was formulated could determine how well it works in that engine. Boxgrover, in regard to your question...my experience is that depending how light strikes the oil on your dipstick determines how Green it continues to look after you install it.

Dang IT!!! I wish I read this thread about 6 hours ago, before I bought 6 quarts of Gold GC.

So now my stash is 16 quarts Green and 6 gold. However, I might run the gold next in my 4 runner, its already in my Jeep Liberty! Has anyone posted a VOA of the GOLD GC?

I guess I will just have to KEEP ON saying it..DO NOT fear the Gold formula. I cannot understand why so many assume the Gold MUST be inferior.
dunno.gif

As the German sun lifts strongly in the Baden-Baden sky
Its light falls on a blending plant whose activity is high
Though it is very early, a group of diminuitive men
Are so carefully concocting the next motor oil "10"

They have heard a lot of talk, from North America
That says their latest golden brew is just not up to par
Still dutifully they press on to brew this masterpiece
Knowing that the world will learn it's not just "another 'motor grease'"

They are faithful technologists, these little men in green
But they just wish those whom they serve weren't quite so mean
Despite the innuendoes and the suppositions cold
They know that all will so soon learn that the Green has become pure Gold

[ July 16, 2005, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by Boxgrover:
Not having yet opened a bottle of green, generally how long after being in the engine is its disticntive colour no longer present?

Boxgrover, in regard to your question...my experience is that depending how light strikes the oil on your dipstick determines how Green it continues to look after you install it.

But when draining GC from an engine the dirty oil looks like any other dirty oil...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back