Lucas Synthetic Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used any of Lucas' Synthetic oil additive? I know there is alot on this board about Lucas but I have had very good results with there products, but have also talked to others that have used them with at least OK results. Just curious.

My son added some when he changed to Lucas 5W-20 synthetic (group lll?) oil in his 2002 Ford Focus 2.0L Dohc Zetec. Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer is crystal clear, and is much thicker than oil. Lucas says to use 20% mix, but he only added 1 oz per quart of oil. Car runs fine (replaced Torco 5w-20)might be a tad quieter?

My son like to try different oils, but is not interested in doing any lab testing of what he uses.

He did receive a gallon of Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer, as well as a couple of cases of Lucas 5W-20 synthetic oil. If anyone is interested in testing the stuff, I can mail you some.

I'm glad you asked this. I was wondering if this stuff is worth the money they're asking for it. I used to use the regular Stabilizer before coming to this board. I don't anymore
grin.gif

That stuff was 19 bucks a quart . Now I see it for 11 bucks same size .

At 1 -1.5 ounce per quart might be great to thicken M1 30wts that don't need additional TBN to speak of or low cost dino's say 2k miles into the interval to counter shear .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back