Lubegard complete atf vs Mobil multi vehicle full synthetic atf

While the FJ requires WS...

Mobil 1 claims to be suitable for both Type IV and WS, which I don't know how a low viscosity fluid meets Type IV and vice-versa.

Lubegard claims to be suitable for WS only.

Lubegard has some sperm whale oil Group V ester on top of likely a Group III basestock, and I doubt Mobil 1 has Group IV.

Mobil 1 has their brand that is known for their quality....

While I haven't tried Lubegard ATF, it's probably similar to a ATF with Lubegard red in it, so instead of buying 2 products, you're just buying one.

While the FJ requires WS...

Mobil 1 claims to be suitable for both Type IV and WS, which I don't know how a low viscosity fluid meets Type IV and vice-versa.

Lubegard claims to be suitable for WS only.

Lubegard has some sperm whale oil Group V ester on top of likely a Group III basestock, and I doubt Mobil 1 has Group IV.

Mobil 1 has their brand that is known for their quality....

While I haven't tried Lubegard ATF, it's probably similar to a ATF with Lubegard red in it, so instead of buying 2 products, you're just buying one.
To be accurate, the LXE ester replaces sperm whale oil and is probably the closest in chemistry and functionality to sperm whale oil.

Erucic acid is the basic component of LXE esters and is a long-chain, monounsaturated fatty acid. The acid is extracted from the pressed oil and is reacted with a specific alcohol produce the LXE ester.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to try the LG ATF, but can't ever seem to find it for a reasonable price. I'd use it in a heartbeat, I'd trust them to build a good product.

Back