Lube control

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess that most users of Lube Control use the one oz per 1k miles. But if you have a lot of stop and go driving combined with short trips, has anyone upped the dose because of this kind of vehicle operation?

2 oz per 2k...mostly hwy/freeway/suburbia...no short cold runs....
shows positive in TBN on UOA's

works well as a ring pack soak mixed with FP 50% 3oz per cyl in vert. engines overnight...high revving Honda's love the soak

saved an old tiller motor for me....runs like new

I add 1oz per quart, than 10z per 500 miles. I do a lot of short trips and only put on about 5K a year on this vehicle. I figure it was better to do 1oz every 500 miles rather than 2oz every 1000 miles.

My UOAs look really good, but then again it is a 2UZFE (Toyota V8) motor that wears exceptionally well. I plan to ditch the LC20 after this next year to see if it makes any impact.

3oz per 1qt + 3qz per 1k miles afterward.
verified with UOA to make sure everything is in order.

3 ozs per 750 with idling in summer heat. RL 5W-40/BALDWIN B2-HPG/5-qt sump/V8-318 Dodge/5,600#/115,000 miles.

A tiny difference is sometimes noticeable. No UOA yet on truck.

On the repeat every 1000 mi dose, are you talking 1-3 oz PER QT. or just 1-3 oz total? I never understood the dosing here. Seems like a PITA...but if it helps that much with wear, it might be worth a try. I have yet to jump on the FP bandwagon either.

I use about 2 oz LC per quart of oil at fill, then add a "booster dose" of 2-3 oz every 1000-1200 miles.

For those asking about the 2-3 oz doses 1000 miles after fill, that's per dose, not per quart. Example: In my ~4.5 qt-car, that works out to: 9 oz LC at fill, then 2 to 3 oz every 1000-1200 miles. In Mom's big Mercury, it may take her a long time to go 1000 miles, so for her car I'll add a booster dose every 1000 miles or 2 months.

That's how I do it. Your decisions may vary.
wink.gif
cheers.gif

Quote:

On the repeat every 1000 mi dose, are you talking 1-3 oz PER QT. or just 1-3 oz total? I never understood the dosing here. Seems like a PITA...but if it helps that much with wear, it might be worth a try. I have yet to jump on the FP bandwagon either.

I do about what kgb007stb does dose-wise, though now Im doing a schheffers 132/lc mix instead...

If youre not openingyour hood every 1000 miles, something is wrong...

JMH

I use 2 oz per qt at oil change then 2 oz per thousand miles thereafter. I happen to be a believer in The EP properties as well as the AO properties of LC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back