"Lower tier " oils you have run...

Don't really see a point going lower than Supertech or Kirkland synthetic for ~$5/qt. Happily run those in naturally aspirated normie cars.

My Trunk Monkey can't seem to find any more Monkey Wards Oil for me.
So I traded my Trunk Monkey for a Hatchback Monkey and now I pay thru the nose for upper tier oils

Local shop used Thrive in bulk for the longest time. Supply issues in the past few years forced him to rethink. And so switched to Ridgeline for a spell, and is now settled on Cam2.
Therefore, I used all of these in both of our cars for quite a length of time. I recommend any one of them.
This summer I am doing my own fills. I am using Kirkland from Costco, thus a Warren product.

Kendal, the later Havoline Deposit Shield, Amalie, Castrol GTX., old PYB. All Nothing special. Pretty horrid stuff. Amalie was the least offensive.

In the Nineties onto the early 2000's
it was: Mobil Clean 5000, Motorcraft, Rotella 10W30 Triple protect, QS HM Red Bottle and Formula Shell for the good, cheap stuff

QShighermileage_slick50.jpg

Used NAPA quite a few times. ST once or twice. This is on a Forester and an old Mazda 3. On deck are 5qt jugs of Kirkland bought for about $16/jug.

Used to shop for rebates on name brands but sometimes the rebates never came. Think I'm just going to stay with the above brands and not bother wasting time filling out forms and scanning receipts.

Used NAPA quite a few times. ST once or twice. This is on a Forester and an old Mazda 3. On deck are 5qt jugs of Kirkland bought for about $16/jug.

Used to shop for rebates on name brands but sometimes the rebates never came. Think I'm just going to stay with the above brands and not bother wasting time filling out forms and scanning receipts.

Rebates always frustrate me! I sent off for a $10 rebate for Mobil 1 that I bought way back in March and I still haven’t gotten it yet. They sent me an email response within a few days of me sending it too, so they are really dragging their heels 🤔

Back