Low-Sulfur Gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most gasoline should be pretty close to the 30ppm level now...

>>>

http://www.npra.org/issues/transportation/?fa=gasolineSulfur

"The Environmental Protection Agency established regulations to substantially lower the sulfur levels in gasoline in 2000. On January 1, 2006, the sulfur content for gasoline produced at most refineries was lowered to a per-gallon maximum of 80 parts per million (ppm), with an overall maximum annual average of 30 ppm. The per-gallon sulfur limit for some gasoline in the Rocky Mountain area was lowered to 80 ppm on January 1, 2007; this standard does not apply to all gasoline, because there are different regulations for some gasoline in the Rocky Mountain area and small refiners.

NPRA members continue to work to ensure that EPA’s regulations for sulfur content of gasoline fuel are met – or exceeded. Our members are dedicated to working cooperatively with government at all levels to ensure both an adequate supply of transportation fuels and compliance with environmental and other regulatory standards."

<<<

you can only hope and pray they are all complying now...
who knows.
but I am suspicious now that I myself have experienced the wacky fuel gauge issue...

it's been a while now, but I have isolated the issue to BP gas (93 octane in my case). The solution for the fuel gauge issue has been a combo of Techron Concentrate Plus with V-Power (Shell) 93 gas. It now reads full when it's full!

When I had my fuel pump out of my gas tank to replace the "life-time" fuel filter the sending unit is apart of this unit and the silver colour contacts that the float runs along to tell me the fuel level via the fuel gauge were spotless and the rest of the filter/sending unit was like brand new looking.

I use Shell gas and would continue after what I had saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back