Low oil pressure code after oil change 2022 Silverado 2.7l

Fsharp

Changed the engine oil for the first time on my 2022 Silverado 1500 with the 2.7l. I used Valvoline synthetic 5w-30 and correct AC Delco pf66 oil filter. Made a mess but everything went well. However, when I started the engine afterwards, the check engine light came on. I checked the codes and they were basically low oil pressure related, including one permanent one :( . I erased the ones I could and the truck ran fine the rest of the day. Is there some special procedure to prime the oil galleries on these trucks? The one thing I missed was not filling the new oil filter with oil before putting it on, but I’ve done that before on other vehicles with no issues. Anyone have experience with this?

Was the ignition on at anytime the crankcase was empty?
Interesting question, but I don’t think it was. I drove the truck up on ramps, shut it off, changed oil and filter, got back in the truck and started it up. Immediately the check engine light was on and reduced engine power message was displayed.

Never got that when i changed the oil in my 21 Escalade 6.2l. The good thing about these trucks is that you can see the oil psi. And no there is no need to prime anything. The system builds pressure really quick. Probably a software issue.

I just changed the oil in my ‘22 2.7 Silverado for the first time. I filled the oil filter and STILL got that trouble code. I cleared it and it went away without return. Funny, I also used Valvoline (extended protection) and PF66. I installed new drain plug. I’ll probably do that every time with that plastic plug. I’ll tell you one thing, when you take that plug out oil sure does gush! I, like you, also made a mess. Next time Im going to try to hold drain pan up close to plug with one hand while removing plug with the other. Also, factory installed oil filter was tight as could possibly be.

Last edited:
Back