Looks like the Cooper CS4 had a kid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FordFocus
I talked to Cooper and they told me that May is the target launch date for the T rated

What I have heard as well...

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
I read that, then remembered reading that a lot of the Cooper production is moving to China.
happy2.gif

At least the deal for selling Cooper to Apollo tire fell through. They're still American owned, and their premier tires are all made in the US.
Originally Posted By: Ken2
That article also mentions Cooper's Mastercraft line. Does anyone know for sure if Cooper puts the same quality into their other brands--Mastercraft, Dean, and Starfire--as they put into the Cooper brand? [...] I've had good results with the CS4, and may consider a Discoverer CTS for a different car in the future.

A lot of their secondary lines are made overseas and in Mexico. Usually with retired equipment from the American plants, as far as I know. The Starfire SF series are made in Mexico. The Starfire RSC series are from Asia. I can't recommend the Starfire car tires. I've seen too many tread bubbles, though no full separations. The Starfire SF510 truck tire casings are supposedly made from the old Discoverer A/T casing machines. Seem to hold up well. The CS4, CTS, AT3, STT, and ST Maxx are all top tier tires. Can't go wrong with any of them, especially the AT3.
Originally Posted By: satinsilver
The new Camrys and Accords come standard with 205/65/16's. The only tire that Cooper carries in that size is their snow tire. Hopefully, this model tire will come in that size. Maybe even the CS4 down the road sometime.

Ugh. I hate it when manufacturers make stupid tire sizes. I'm sure they decreased the tread width to accommodate the CAFE mandates from our oh-so-wise federal government. Narrower tread, less rubber on the road, lower rolling resistance, better fuel mileage. Run either a 215/60R16 (little smaller, what the old Camrys and Accords ran) or the 225/60R16 (what every Town Car, Crown Vic, Police Interceptor and Taxi runs). Make sure you stick with the V rating or higher. The 225/60 should be the cheapest. It's one of the most common car tire sizes by virtue of fleets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back