Looks like I'm changing jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Stelth

I have to wait 6-8 weeks because they have a project starting near me at that time. They have my name on it on the job board. Unfortunately, I can't ignore this individual. I rarely, if ever, initiate contact with him, but because of his position, I do have to interact with him occasionally. I try to keep it to email, but sometimes we have to actually talk.

As far as waiting him out, as I said, he has sunk his hooks in. He can read a room, and agree with the right people. He quickly learned to talk the talk to reflect the management attitudes. He has very few original ideas, and most of them are, uh, stupid. We have all taken some management training, and he has learned the key words and can inject them into sentences. Apart from learning new words, nothing has changed. The management stuff is fine, but it has to actually be applied to work. The company didn't make money last year, and upper management is angry. This guy does well in an angry environment.

Curious!
Is a part of your decision to leave, have anything to do with being passed-over for the promotion to this position? I'm assuming you wanted his job. Am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back