Looks like @astro14 bought his wife's Christmas present on eBay

For the record, Mrs. Astro is receiving several Christmas presents that are wrapped and under the tree. No hints, but they’re all top of their respective line.

I'm tempted by this, but not certain this one will fit under the tree with the others.

She’s also going to be seeing our granddaughter in January, flying to Phoenix in first class, as a present from me.

She’s earned it. 😎

Looks like a fun project for something along the lines of,

How do they do those smoke and fire things before taking off? I assume it is only for show purposes. Then those small blasts inching up to the staging line.

I'm not familiar with jet engines at all. Just been to the airport and watched jets take off. They never blow out fireballs that I have seen.

How do they do those smoke and fire things before taking off? I assume it is only for show purposes. Then those small blasts inching up to the staging line.

I'm not familiar with jet engines at all. Just been to the airport and watched jets take off. They never blow out fireballs that I have seen.
I think it's engaging the afterburner when not at max power. I think....

I'd settle for a replica Sidewinder to mount on the wall.

michael-halama-aim9x-1.jpg

The real thing can actually lock on to a target in any direction. Even backwards on an F-35 with a high tech helmet patched into sensors.
Based on my limited knowledge and heavy influenced from a lot of retired pilots on YouTube that might be the only redeeming quality of "Fat Amy".

For the record, Mrs. Astro is receiving several Christmas presents that are wrapped and under the tree. No hints, but they’re all top of their respective line.

I'm tempted by this, but not certain this one will fit under the tree with the others.

She’s also going to be seeing our granddaughter in January, flying to Phoenix in first class, as a present from me.

She’s earned it. 😎

I wasn't aware that a Cub had 1st class.

I wasn't aware that a Cub had 1st class.
Taking her Mercedes to Phoenix would be a lot faster than flying there in a Cub…the MB has about double the top speed, doesn’t have to deal with headwinds, and crosses mountain ranges with ease…

But, we are going to let someone else do the driving this time. :cool:

Back