Looking to buy new wheels, some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

I'll try to break this down as simply as possible but I do have a ton of questions. So basically I want to buy a set of 18 inch aftermarket wheels but I'm confused about offset. So my stock wheels have the current dimensions 18x7.5, bolt pattern 115, and an offset of 48mm. And the tires I have now are Toyo Proxes 4 Plus 225/45 R 18 W.

I was looking to buy these wheels specifically because they have the same offset -

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClos...h=Black+Painted

But according to Tire Rack the factory TPMS sensor won't work and I need to purchase new ones costing me $200 bucks without programming. So I found this set instead which I also like.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClos...;autoModClar=SE

But it comes with some kind of lug nut adapter which I'm also confused about. So I guess, what are my options and what should I stay away from? I know the wheels I like are 18x8 but I think a 225 width tire would like fine on that size rim.

Thanks,
Swift

Both are really nice, pick one is more oem. I'm not paying $200 for new TPMS though.

Originally Posted By: Olas
The adaptor allows wheels with different PCDs to bolt up to your hubs, and 8 inches is 203 mm so a 205 is the closest match.

Look at www.willtheyfit.com to see how they compare to your current tyre size & offset.

Thanks, so it looks like going from 48mm to 45mm wouldn't be an issue?

Do the new wheels have the same size hub bore? If not make sure they make the correct hub centric rings for your wheel center to hub size.

Originally Posted By: oldhp
Do the new wheels have the same size hub bore? If not make sure they make the correct hub centric rings for your wheel center to hub size.

Some of them do and some don't. But Tire Rack bundles the rings with the order.

Originally Posted By: Swift101
Originally Posted By: Olas
The adaptor allows wheels with different PCDs to bolt up to your hubs, and 8 inches is 203 mm so a 205 is the closest match.

Look at www.willtheyfit.com to see how they compare to your current tyre size & offset.

Thanks, so it looks like going from 48mm to 45mm wouldn't be an issue?

An extra 3mm offset on the wheel won't matter but will be exaggerated by the thickness of the spacer. On a low car it might be a problem, on a 4x4 it won't. Application specific tbh..

IIRC, the lug adapter is a key to put on the special lug nuts that those will need. That's what happened with the two sets of aftermarket wheels we got for snow tires.

Thanks everyone for the help. It's down to these two rims, which do you like more? I really like the first design but these will be going on my Sonata which is a pretty long car so I'm worried they might look odd.

sparco_ag_b_pdpfull.jpg

spo_proco_b_pdpfull.jpg

Thanks,
Swift

I personally like the 2nd more, as they look less spindly, but it's a matter of taste. to each their own.

Thanks everyone, I went with the second choice as many of you recommended.

-Swift

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I like second one too. It looks like a BBS wheel.

...or a TSW Nurburgring

IF I ever buy a Fiesta ST I would consider those (sparcos) if they make them in the correct bolt pattern/offset.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back