Looking for info on 2000 Mitsubishi Galant

We found a 2000 galant es for sale nearby. Price is decent and not outrageous like some car prices are. One owner garage kept 185,000 miles. Looks to be in very good shape. I’ve worked on one of these in my entire life so I don’t know much about them. Does anyone have any information on them? I am thinking about pulling the trigger but More knowledge would be beneficial first.

Reliable car regardless of engine choice, if you take care of it and follow the maintenance like keeping up with the timing belt and water pump replacement intervals and periodically checking your oil level (this is mitsu)….I have a 1999 Galant with the 3.0 V6 and it currently has over 362,000 miles, original everything (engine,transmission..etc)

If it's a good price and not rusty, it's worth buying. Even new Mitsubshis aren't really cutting-edge or advanced, so your 2000 should be easy to work on.

Absolutely worst car I ever had was a 1986 Mitsubishi pickup. I swore off that brand forever over that truck! I'm sure they have improved since but the ones that came into the shop were piles too.

Well we passed on it overall it was clean needed some minor things typical stuff. However the head gasket area had oil on the front and back corner of it. Quite a bit like it’s leaked for a long time. Didn’t want to risk needing a head gasket. The guy selling it said it was his dads but he also told stories of flipping a lot of cars so that made me a little nervous. Never driven one until today but I’ll give Mitsubishi credit it’s not a bad driving car comfortable and reasonably enjoyable.

I don't know what engine you had, but in the Lancer a lot did that, leaking around the oil feed to the top end. Never fixed one, they just leaked.

This should have been a 3.0, not a bad engine but it does have a timing belt. The transmission on these weren't the best...not awful either.

This?
Looks clean. If it runs and drives and isn't rusted out, what do you want for $2000 these days?
If it wasn’t for the head we would have bought it. The rest of the car checked out.

Back