Looking For an Oil for 2007 Prius

My WM has toyota filters, id use those if available personally. Otherwise order quality filters online. I liked Supertech filters when they were wix made, but I am not a fan of the current champ/fram/ecore style.

My first choice is always Castrol, but I'd use ST, Havoline or QSUD anytime if trying to save a buck. They are good quality oils.

I’d order a few Napa platinum filters now since they’re on sale for <8 bucks, RGT at Home Depot is 15 bucks for 5qts and shouldn’t have a problem doing 3000 miles over 12 months.

The interesting spec on that Toyota Canada chart is they say the Mk4 Supra can use 5w20. Canada only got the turbo Supra, while down here we got both turbo and non-turbo. Not sure I'd use 5w20 on a turbo 2JZ :unsure::censored:

Toyota Canada’s recommendations may differ due to their climate.
Spec for the Prius in Germany too, they call the xw20 hybrid oil or they did as hybrids were the only vehicles spec for it at the time. Their climate is not too different from the OP and the engine will probably see a much harder life there.
Consider this, the owners manual spec for these cars even the latest one you mention an 09 is going to 12 year old, the piston rings are known for clogging up in the ring grooves.

The 0w40 and 0w20 are known to be good cleaning oils, this could be very useful in an engine that may not get the engine oil up to operating temp on a regular basis. This engine sees very light duty, it is the perfect candidate for an xw20 oil IMHO. JM2C.

When Supertech filters were made by wix I used them almost exclusively, great bargain getting wix for 3 bucks. The current fram/champ/ecore isn't the same value. The napa platinum were comparable to the wix xp and we're a good deal at 7.50 compared to almost 12$ they usually are.

Care to explain why?
Several reasons, but the most immediate is that I have credit accounts with Amazon and Walmart, and over time I've amassed quite a few bonus points from purchases I've made, plus WalMart has also given me a nice-sized credit because of a botched delivery. That said, my next purchase from WalMart will cost me nothing out of pocket, and about half of the sale price from Amazon.

Several reasons, but the most immediate is that I have credit accounts with Amazon and Walmart, and over time I've amassed quite a few bonus points from purchases I've made, plus WalMart has also given me a nice-sized credit because of a botched delivery. That said, my next purchase from WalMart will cost me nothing out of pocket, and about half of the sale price from Amazon.
Thanks. I thought it was related to the Napa branded oil. I also buy most of my oil from Walmart.

Back