Oil for Daily Beater Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Speak2Mountain
No leaks
4 cyl.

Don't want to drop the dime on M1 EP or any top shelf oil

Trying to choose between ST 5w 20 or 30 and QSUD 5w20/30.

ST is rollback @ Wally for 14.37 per gallon and QSUD is 17.97. So the burning question is, is QSUD 3 bucks and change better than the ST in my application?

ST SYN HM 5W20 or 0w20
smile.gif

I have a 2005 Civic and I wouldn't consider it a beater. No rust, burns no oil. I buy top quality synthetic on sale for it. It has never let me down. And for those wondering, yes I have had the timing belt changed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by cb450sc
I have a 2005 Civic and I wouldn't consider it a beater. No rust, burns no oil. I buy top quality synthetic on sale for it. It has never let me down. And for those wondering, yes I have had the timing belt changed.

No doubt it's these toyotas and Honda's that are the most reliable even much older than 05. I'm always on the look for a lightly used Honda or Toyota. The only reason I do prefer Toyota is the Honda you do have that one extra maintenance job of making sure a good timing belt is in it.
I absolutely love the yotas and honders.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by R1jake
Originally Posted by cb450sc

No doubt it's these toyotas and Honda's that are the most reliable even much older than 05. I'm always on the look for a lightly used Honda or Toyota. The only reason I do prefer Toyota is the Honda you do have that one extra maintenance job of making sure a good timing belt is in it.
I absolutely love the yotas and honders.

I have always had the dreaded 2001 - 2005 Civic transmission issues in the back of my mind. I do a couple of drain and fills every other year. Not sure if it helps the car but I then know that I am doing everything to avoid the potential problem.

Last edited:
I use ST syn in my 2018 traverse it meets the specs so why not. I change it out when the OLM hits close to zero which comes pretty quick. I also use it in my small fleet of commercial trucks I've had no issues. My beater G6 I use shell conventional change it out twice a year but I do need to add once a month. The beater drinks SYN oil

QSUD, QSAD, PYB, or Chevron Supreme in your preferred grade.
Any of these will run great.

We are running 20w50 in those engines. Contrary to what many on this forum believe, it won't blow up or need changing every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back