long hammer drill bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know where I can get a long hammer drill bit or any suggestions? I am doing a preventative termidor treatment by trenching, but need to drill where the sidewalk and patio meet the slab.

How long are you looking for? What diameter? What connection method (chuck or SDS)

Use the smallest diameter you can if you don't have a monster hammer drill. I killed the hammer function on a Milwaukee cordless by using a to big/heavy bit.

Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: racer12306
How long are you looking for? What diameter? What connection method (chuck or SDS)

+1. What size bit do you need? You might be able to get away with the cheap bit set from Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-16-inch-sds-masonry-bit-set-46755.html.

I must have overlooked these the last time i was at HF. looking for about .5" bit as long as possible....going through the slap on patio and where house slap meets driveway.... to inject termidor.

Indylan said, "Use the smallest diameter you can if you don't have a monster hammer drill." Took the words out of my mouth.

Whatever drill you have start with the smallest hole size you got. It'll buzz right in and the following steps up in size will all be easier.

Normally, I am a fan, nominal fan of HF stuff, but I have had mixed results with their SDS bits. I lost the end on one after 2 holes in concrete, about 3 minutes of use. Another did about the same. Ended up with a set of DeWalt bits just because they were close/available. Still have them. For the price it might be worth a roll of the dice for the HF bits.

Because of an odd situation where I needed a long SDS bit. I have to go through a a 1 1/2 inch wood subfloor a 14 inch cavity then drill though a concrete slab vary from 4-6 inches thick . I wound up buying a 1/2 X 31 inch bit (I think) at flabay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back