Log splitter - kinetic v hydraulic type: pros and cons?

09 GLS - what make/model splitter is that? Aside from the gas motor it looks like more than enough. My wife will be the one helping me, she can out work me but sometimes she can get too enthusiastic and rushes. The no off button type. The kinetic type is just a recipe for disaster with wood flying and her my helper.

I’m going to look into renting one, never thought of that. It is wood burning country so likely the local hardware store rents them too.
Sorry for late response, its a "CountyLine 25 Ton Log Splitter" with a 6.5HP Kohler Engine. About 10 secs cycle time, for about $1750 out the door. Picked up at local Tractor Supply. :):)(y)

Thanks for this information and the pictures. Very useful. I like the safety of the electric ones but I am afraid they don’t have the power like you alluded to. Nameplate says 15 amps which I assume means that it requires plugging it in to a 20amp outlet to prevent breaker tripping? Also what type of wood are you splitting? I will always be starting with round logs. What is the max diameter for logs with this unit?

Again, Thanks for your time.
Here’s a quick calc. At 734 watts per HP. 1.75 HP is 1286 watts. P= IV. I= 1286/120 = 10.7 A. This is how it doesn’t throw a 15 Amp breaker. In this case the 15 A on the name plate means it will run fine with a 15 A breaker.

Sorry for late response, its a "CountyLine 25 Ton Log Splitter" with a 6.5HP Kohler Engine. About 10 secs cycle time, for about $1750 out the door. Picked up at local Tractor Supply. :):)(y)
I have the same splitter. So far its great!

1642603248996.jpg

Back