Little 2000 watt generator find

JTK

I picked up this little 2000 watt gasoline powered portable generator off the facehole marketplace for $40 a week or so back. The seller said it would only start with a shot of starting fluid. It had very old fuel in the tank. Cleaned the fuel tank, installed an inline fuel filter and a $12 eBay carburetor and she fired up on the first pull! It's an older All Power APG3014 model. It looks like they retailed in the $350 range. Pretty smooth little thing. I like to have an extra genny around for a spare, or to lend out, etc.

XoRePx0l.jpg

I recently went with a $12 ebay carburetor for my free pressure washer. Works great! I think I may have to do that for my generator. I've cleaned rebuilt the carb a few times and it still won't start without a shot of starting fluid.

Getting non running stuff free / cheap and fixing it with $10 of parts is certainly nice!

I've got an All Power generator similar to that one, bought it at BJs a dozen or so years ago for about $350ish. It's come in handy several times!

Reactions: JTK
Looks like a great little unit. I like smaller, less thirsty units, sized for the most common stuff I do.

When the power goes out, I fire up the little 2000 watt generator. A gallon of gas runs a loooong time on a small generator.

Thanks all. For me, it's handy to have 2 small units over one bigger one. If one shats da bed, you've still got the other. Or I can run them at opposite ends of the yard if need be.

The little guys like these are no good if you have heavy electrical needs, which I do not. No a/c aside from one window shaker that I would not use. No big pumps, etc.

I keep them stored on a cheap amazon tool cart, tucked out of the way. If anything, super handy for a thief to roll right up on their jalopy with'em. LOL

rHvtXvbl.jpg

fbCKrWKl.jpg

Thanks all. For me, it's handy to have 2 small units over one bigger one. If one shats da bed, you've still got the other. Or I can run them at opposite ends of the yard if need be.

The little guys like these are no good if you have heavy electrical needs, which I do not. No a/c aside from one window shaker that I would not use. No big pumps, etc.

I keep them stored on a cheap amazon tool cart, tucked out of the way. If anything, super handy for a thief to roll right up on their jalopy with'em. LOL

rHvtXvbl.jpg

fbCKrWKl.jpg
Even in my garage, I keep mine on a bike lock, in the event we leave the door open. Sure, the tools are in the garage to defeat the lock, but most of my threats here aren’t professional thieves, it’s adolescent kids who likely can’t drive a stick, change oil or identify the difference between a bolt cutter or a pex crimper.

Back