Liqui-Moly Molygen New Generation 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this over on NASIOC (kudos to member Scuubz). This is Liqui-Moly's new line of motor oils called "Molygen New Generation." I believe Tungsten is also used as a FM and AW agent.

TDS/PDS Link.

[Linked Image]

There is some discussion in this thread and in this thread.

Last edited:
Can't call it "new" any more. Its been out for over 2 years now.
Also, it's not really an MB 229.5 oil, or at least it is not really approved to 229.5. The bottle and LM's marketing says its "recommended for", which is intended to fool the casual reader into thinking it actually carries the approval. Similar to what Amsoil and Redline do.
It might be a good oil; although without certifications and approvals, we don't know.

The tungsten (W) ingredient is interesting, yet I've basically concluded that Ti, moly, and/or polymer esters, along with boron, is also effective, so is W really needed?
Ravenol uses W and moly together as well, and they have oils with W that have real certifications like dexos1 Gen2 and 229.5, not just a marketing claim that it might meet all the performance requirements.

I haven't seen where any LM products are SN+ and/or dexos1 Gen2 which would keep LSPI away. This 5w40 Molygen looks like it has a lot of Ca, bad for LSPI.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4637945/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back