Liqui Moly Engine Flush: My experience

2012 LS460 at 201k

She's idled high and has sounded a bit like a diesel at cold start for the last 30k miles or so.

Enter LiquiMoly Engine Flush for the first time yesterday, ran for 15 minutes prior to drain. Filter was pitch black and weighed about 2lbs.

Fill: 9.2qt Castrol Edge HM 0w20, no LM additives added.

The previous idle was 750rpm, new idle at 500. She runs smoother and feels a bit quicker, but 386hp bone stock.

The engine had to be sludged quite badly for this level of improvement. I'm a happy guy, wish I'd done it sooner.

Adding LM Ceratec this week.

I don't think it was sludged up. And even if it is - 15 mins on a flush won't clean the whole engine much. Speaking from experience with a Toyota sludger and hundreds of dollars in various engine flushes. (Wish HPL Engine cleaner was available back then.)

What most likely DID happen though, is LM Engine Flush just cleaned up the tiny passages in VVT solenoid. That one also comes from experience. Removed and thoroughly sprayed a VVT solenoid (with brake cleaner) for one high mileage Lexus - and it felt like it gained 30hp across the range. Ran some Marvel Mystery Oil in the crankcase for other 3 high mileage Lexus vehicles, and similar results were observed.

I'd change the oil and filter afterwards to remove any leftover residue from the dirty oil or loose sludge still floating around.

2012 LS460 at 201k

She's idled high and has sounded a bit like a diesel at cold start for the last 30k miles or so.

Enter LiquiMoly Engine Flush for the first time yesterday, ran for 15 minutes prior to drain. Filter was pitch black and weighed about 2lbs.

Fill: 9.2qt Castrol Edge HM 0w20, no LM additives added.

The previous idle was 750rpm, new idle at 500. She runs smoother and feels a bit quicker, but 386hp bone stock.

The engine had to be sludged quite badly for this level of improvement. I'm a happy guy, wish I'd done it sooner.

No half stepping, go all in.

pellets 2.jpg

pellets.jpg

For sure they will add another 10HP a few nano unicorns in a can after after the chemical rebuild and the thing will be like greased lightning.
and dont forget the moly crap too...

The previous idle was 750rpm, new idle at 500.

very confusing.. is that normal for you?
please look at your manual and you will know what is the normal idle rpm for your vehicle..

with that quality oil, for me, there is no need to add additives anymore..
the problem is clean the sludge first..

LM ceratec ? you don't need it right now..

Reactions: hrv
I do know this one works and it does it gently:

Back