Lincoln Town Car 3,000 miles Mobil 1 EP 5w30 4.6L

The UOA is not the OPs; he grabbed it off the net, so any advice really isn't going to help him. We're agreed on that.

That being said, this UOA isn't all that impressive. Fe is nearly 5ppm/1k miles; that's much higher than what we'd expect from an easy going 4.6L Ford.

Item number one should be to ditch the K&N and go back to a normal, good quality cellulose air filter. The Si is likely to come down, and then the Fe may come down as well.

I've run 10k mile OCIs on inexpensive dino lubes and got much better wear from my two MGMs with the same type engine: Here's proof:
My worst Fe average was around 1ppm, and my best was .6ppm (six-tenths!!!) per 1k miles. Every OCI was 10k miles and both dino and syns did very well.

Most any 4.6L 2v engine should live an enternity on anything from 5w-20 to 10w-40, and easily survive 10k mile OCIs as long as the contamination ingress (fuel, silica) are low.

A guy I follow on YouTube posted his recent UOA on his 4.6 Lincoln Town Car. Ran 3000 miles on Mobil 1 EP 5w30. I found some of the numbers a little off compared to what I usually see in this sight. The viscosity seems really low for EP at only 3000 miles... He said he was testing a k&n that's why I think the silicon was high. Moly seems a little off to... What do you guys think? I didn't think EP would of broke down that fast
I know a lot of guys on here will never agree with this, but after 6 decades of life and many cars I know I'm correct on this, I use Mobil 1 15w50 in my Lincoln Town car with a 4.6. lightly modified and tuned. Bolt-ons only long tube headers larger throttle body and I run e85 about 50% of the time. Completely stock internals. I purchased the car from Lincoln with 40,000 mi on it and service records showed it it had the oil changed eight times and its first 4 years of life. Since 40,000 mi I've used nothing but mobile one 15w50. It has over 200,000 mi now and doesn't leak a drop. I've lived in Phoenix, Arizona, Texas which are both very hot, 3 years in Seattle and now in Eastern North Carolina. This is the oil I run all year long. I intend to take detailed photographs of the cam lobes and bearing surfaces and all the internals when I take it apart to build it for a supercharger.
My prediction is that it will be in excellent condition.
I know all the guys here talking about parasitic losses and throttle response etc etc. But this isn't just me doing this. My father who runs a 4.6 that's putting out about 500 horsepower and 480 ft. Lb to the pavement with a single turbo setup has ran nothing but 15w 50 mobile one on that engine that has over 100,000 mi with the turbo and he only has two positions for the throttle. It seems wide open or idle. Of course. I'm exaggerating a little bit. It is a daily driver in an older F-150 but my point is I've been reading all these forms that 15 w50 is like molasses or something and it's not. Mobile one synthetic 15W50 I believe is an excellent choice for this engine. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Ford produces a high performance variant of their newer engines come from the factory with The very same oil. Anyway, I'm new here and I just wanted to let people know what I'm up to and what I intend to do. It might be interesting results and I'll post when I get the photos.

Yeah never K/N, or a dry flow type. Rarely spoken about aspect: K/N will flow more than paper for a short time, then clog quickly and reduce flow to sub stock level, with less overall filtration. I have never found a good dry filter yet, trying 3-4 different brands. Nobody mentions it anymore, but oiled foam is #1 in my experience. Not for drop in use( usually unavailable), but in modified applications where the air box is gone. UNI filters FTW.

Back