License plate

I first did a search for personalized plates and could not find a thread on personalized plates. So here goes. My son and I running a few errands a few days ago. A car passed us and I don't remember what type but something like a civic so nothing special that would stick out. The license plates were not the personalized one's or I don't believe they were. But this one was EEK 666. Thought that was kind of interesting and we both thought maybe it should be on a car with a Hellcat engine or something along those lines.
Saw a similar plate, this one is also not a personalized plate.
666_plate.jpg

I'm not sure I'd want that number too, but more out of a fear that someone would deface my car because of it. Otherwise it's just a number, wouldn't be surprised if I had a VIN or S/N someplace with it.

I recall my grandmother being mortified when they got plates for a new car, it was like "PUE 246" or similar. She was not happy.

My wife geeked out and got a personalized plate with a chemical compound on it. Throws people for a loop as it looks like gibberish otherwise.

5719BDDE-A816-4FDE-82A6-46C117886C2B.jpeg

Here is my personalized plates. These are the only personalized ones we have but all of our vehicles display a special design tag. We don’t like the state saying “Virginia is for lovers” so we don’t display the standard plates. The 1990 truck is getting the black antique plates which can’t be personalized but the yellow ones can.

I had BADCAD on my de Ville. Lost it when the car was off the road for over a year after getting hit. (I think it's on a CTS-V now.) Wife had GOS10S on her GN before we moved. Was going to get one for my bike, but LTSRD (let's ride) was taken.

I'm not sure I'd want that number too, but more out of a fear that someone would deface my car because of it. Otherwise it's just a number, wouldn't be surprised if I had a VIN or S/N someplace with it.

I recall my grandmother being mortified when they got plates for a new car, it was like "PUE 246" or similar. She was not happy.

My wife geeked out and got a personalized plate with a chemical compound on it. Throws people for a loop as it looks like gibberish otherwise.
The first plate I was issued, I wouldn't take: BS-185. (I wound up with TJ-209, still have it.)

I used to work with a guy that was a volunteer fireman . He got VFD license plate with the number 666 on it . We messed with him so bad that he went to the DMV and told them that the plate had been stolen and he got a new one with a different number .

I used to work with a guy that was a volunteer fireman . He got VFD license plate with the number 666 on it . We messed with him so bad that he went to the DMV and told them that the plate had been stolen and he got a new one with a different number .

This happened decades ago and I'm not sure why I remember this, but I do. I lived in the Dallas area at one time and I remember an article in the Dallas Morning News about some license plates that the state of Texas had issued. At that time, the nomenclature on regularly issued plates was three numbers followed by three letters. For example, it could read something like: 123ABC. The state had issued exactly 100 license plates that ended with the letters FAT. So the plate would read something like 123FAT. It was pretty obvious that the ladies and perhaps a few men took offense to that tag because within one year of having the plates issued, over 40% of the recipients had reported that their plates had been lost or stolen.

Back