Liberals Attack Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by buster:

quote:

All anyone has to do is listen to Peter Jennings on ABC and they will know how liberally biased ABC and Jennings are.Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather aren't really any better,they lean to the left as well.

Agree. All the other net works clearly lean Left. I would say though that Fox News is hardly Fair and Balanced.
rolleyes.gif
They clearly lean right. But I'm glad they do bc their needs to be an alternative to the Liberal biased media.

Ah! Buster we meet again
grin.gif
. Actually Fox is the most fair and balanced tv news network you will find. They DO have flaming libs on their shows regularly as well as conservatives. I challange you to name any "major mainstream" tv channel that has a true consevative member to "balance" out their natural liberal slant. It "ain't" there on the MSM tv channels. All you have is liberal talking heads talking liberal with no balance. The libs are just p*ssed that how dare Fox News Network even exist. After all why should the sheeples need to listen to anybody other than Blather, Je*koff, Broken, Matt "Loser" and "Katy Colonoscopy". After all they are truely fair and balanced according to the libs
rolleyes.gif

Whimsey

Wellll.... As one who has a slight lean to the right in most things, I'm not afraid to admit that Fox is leaning in the same direction. More I think. Fox is here and it's not going away any time soon, so I wish they'd stop being so insecure and pretending that they're the only organization in human history to be totally unaffected by the personal perspective of its owners and employees. Now, perspective (bias?) is a different question than balance, at least where balance means having a couple token left-leaners. They do, and that gives them "balance" at least in that sense of the word. Other media entities pretending they don't have any lean (left or right) is just as silly.
cheers.gif

Fox has news now? Last time I checked they had cheap infotainment. For decent news, I suggest some news programs and discussion forums on PBS.

The only Liberal on Fox News that I'm aware of is Alan Colmes, from Hannity and Colmes. All the others are conservatives.

quote:

The only Liberal on Fox News that I'm aware of is Alan Colmes, from Hannity and Colmes. All the others are conservatives.

Here in the Bay Area, Fox isn't exactly "conservative." That goes at least for the local team, which is far more left that you'd suspect from watching Fox programs elsewhere, which to me don't seem "conservative," but quite right-wing. Still Fox "news" is pretty much regurgitated garbage and plenty misinformation taken from news services and questionable sources when it comes to national and international news.
You know how you can tell a news program is crap? If it ever gets interrupted by commecials! That means there are powerful sponsors wagging the dog.

I think I am going to start espousing the typical liberal tactics and apply them as follows: Fox News isn't right wing. It's actually left of center. The center is pretty much where Rush Limbaugh is.
tongue.gif
And where every decent, conscientious, caring American is as well. Bill O'Reilly is "middle of the road." But a little to the left also. The networks? Oh, they're the official organ of the extreme left! Pure propaganda! Only radical leftists listen to that trash! Anything they say should be protested vehemently, and disbelieved offhand!
grin.gif
And where is the far right wing? There's no such thing!
nono.gif
And you should be ashamed for even thinking there is!

quote:

Originally posted by buster:

Don't forget Greta Van Sustern. In 1990 or so when Rush Limbaugh coined the term Feminazi, he was talking about her.

Also, (Little) **** Morris, Clinton's toe-sucking old buddy is the Sr. Political Analyst.

Now, turnabout is fair play. Who are the conservatives on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN. I'll give you Joe Scarborough on MSNBC, but the Sunday talk shows, where they have one conservative for the liberal panel and liberal host to gang up on don't count.

It seems that the liberals are at it once again.They seem to think that the liberal view should be on ALL news shows.The national news,ABC,CBS,NBC etc.are to the left,most everyone knows this.Now the liberals are making a so called documentary about Fox News being bias.

"Tuesday, July 13, 2004
NEW YORK - A new documentary backed by liberal political groups aims to document that the Fox News Channel is anything but "fair and balanced," despite the cable-news network's motto."

If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black then I don't know what is.The liberal media has owned the airwaves for years on the 3 major news networks(ABC,CBS,NBC)and they are complaining that Fox isn't "fair and balanced"? This really takes the cake.

Fox responded back regarding ex-Fox employees that were used in the 'documentary' saying:

"Monday, the network dismissed the whistleblowers as "former low-level Fox employees" who are "hardly worth addressing." It challenged other media organizations to make public their own employee memos, whereupon "Fox News Channel will publish 100 percent of our editorial directions and memos, and let the public decide who is fair."

Of course the liberal stations will not release their memos etc.,instead they will most likely continue attacking Fox and forgetting about their own liberal bias.

If someone thinks I am being bias,here is a list of some of the backers of the so called 'documentary':

"Outfoxed" was compiled during the past seven months in association with liberal political organizations:Center for American Progress and MoveOn.Org, as well as the citizens' lobbying group Common Cause."

I think it is a shame that liberal bias propaganda(news?)is coming at us from almost every direction and yet Fox is being attacked for being a more conservative news network.
It is especially alarming since the documentary is implying that the major networks(ABC,CBS,NBC)news is "fair and balanced",these networks haven't been fair and balanced for many years.
All anyone has to do is listen to Peter Jennings on ABC and they will know how liberally biased ABC and Jennings are.Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather aren't really any better,they lean to the left as well.
It is the liberals agenda of half truths,lies and misleading quotes that is being told as news every night across our nation and they don't like it because there is one beacon of light with Fox News.Now they want to in essence silence Fox for being that beacon of light.

quote:

Agree. All the other net works clearly lean Left. I would say though that Fox News is hardly Fair and Balanced.
rolleyes.gif
They clearly lean right. But I'm glad they do bc their needs to be an alternative to the Liberal biased media.

Juan Williams, Marla Liason, Mort Kondrake, not to mention they also have Libs/Democrats as featured guests on various FNC programs.

Whimsey

Well needtoknow,here is the link to the article.I take it that you are implying that the quotes I posted were lies,wrong liberal boy.Just because you cant see the forest for the trees doesn't mean that every one is that way.I watch the evening news and am able to discern that it has a left spin put on it.If you cant see this,then you have a real bad case of the libbies.It seams to me that you can only see the left side of any and every issue.I however can see both sides and am able to decide which one is more truthful.I don't need a liberal to tell me what is right and wrong.I also have another article that you can read liberal boy.It will follow the article you wanted to see to begin with.What is so ironic,is that you,along with the rest of the liberals,seem to think that there should be no other news but the liberal gibberish that comes from ABC,NBC and CBS.Now that Fox has come along with a more conservative spin on things,the libbies cant stand it and are trying to make them look bad.This is so sad and self serving.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0704/158795.html

NEW YORK (AP) - A new documentary backed by liberal political groups aims to document that the Fox News Channel is anything but "fair and balanced," despite the cable-news network's motto.

The film, "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism," draws on clips compiled during weeks of round-the-clock taping of the network to demonstrate what the filmmakers believe is a pattern of right-wing bias and support for the Republican agenda.

"What we found is not that Fox is a conservative network, but that it's a network that follows the party line of the Bush administration," said "Outfoxed" filmmaker Robert Greenwald, a Hollywood producer-director whose credits include the 2003 documentary "Uncovered: The Whole Truth About the Iraq War" and such TV films as "The Crooked E: The Unshredded Truth about Enron" and "Blonde," a biopic of Marilyn Monroe.

Greenwald said he decided to make the film after hearing numerous journalists refer to the "Foxification" of the news. That approach, he says, has served the 8-year-old Fox News Channel well, and "put pressure on many of the other networks to move in the same direction: cheap news, ranting and raving, pseudo-patriotism."

Greenwald's 75-minute film includes complaints from several Fox News staffers about the workplace climate at the outlet of the global Murdoch media empire. They say their bosses promote a conservative slant.

"We weren't necessarily, as it was told to us, a newsgathering organization so much as we were a proponent of a point of view," says Jon Du Pre, a former Fox News correspondent.

The film also quotes internal memos from a top network executive that seem to call for pro-Bush coverage.

"Ribbons or medals? Which did John Kerry (website - news - bio) throw away after he returned from Vietnam?" wrote senior vice president for news John Moody in an April memo to the staff. "His perceived disrespect for the military could be more damaging to the (Democratic presidential) candidate than questions about his actions in uniform."

In a statement Monday, the network dismissed the whistleblowers as "former low-level Fox employees" who are "hardly worth addressing." It challenged other media organizations to make public their own employee memos, whereupon "Fox News Channel will publish 100 percent of our editorial directions and memos, and let the public decide who is fair."

The film also draws on a study commissioned by Fairness & Accuracy in Media, a national media watchdog group. The study found conservatives accounted for nearly three-fourths of ideological guests on the network's marquee news program, "Special Report with Brit Hume," between June and December 2003, and that Republicans outnumbered Democrats five to one.

"Outfoxed" was compiled during the past seven months in association with liberal political organizations Center for American Progress and MoveOn.Org, as well as the citizens' lobbying group Common Cause.

At a news conference to introduce the film Monday, Greenwald called Fox News Channel "an opinion station, not a news station." When former White House terrorism coordinator Richard Clarke testified before the 9-11 commission, he apologized to the American people for the government's failure to protect them.

The film displays a flurry of Fox pundits blasting Clarke, often in similar terms. "It was almost like Fox News was working off of the playbook coming out of the White House, that he had to be torn down," FAIR co-founder Jeff Cohen says in the film.

Fox host Bill O'Reilly is seen on his show insisting he has told a guest to shut up "only once in six years," after which he is seen in clips telling one person after another with whom he disagrees to "shut up."

The documentary also includes a rapid-fire succession of clips of more than a dozen Fox hosts using the phrase "some people say" - which the filmmakers say is a way to insinuate opinion disguised as reporting into on-air discussions.

"There's no smoking gun," Greenwald admitted in explaining what his film set out to reveal - "just a pattern."

Now the next article.

http://www.drudgereport.com/foxf.htm

CABLE WAR: FOX NEWS VOWS TOP FIGHT BACK AGAINST RIVALS WHO TOUT DOCUMENTARY

**Exclusive**

A new documentary claiming to show Republican bias at FOX NEWS will debut in New York City on Monday. But FOX NEWS executives are preparing to hit back hard -- if rivals self-servingly hype the film!

The DRUDGE REPORT has learned that FOX NEWS executives are lining up a parade of employees who formerly worked at CNN & MSNBC and have been downloading information on how editorial decisions are made at these networks, including the agenda for how stories are supposed to be covered.

A senior FOX NEWS executive tells DRUDGE: "We have enough ammunition to nail both MSNBC & CNN." Sources say FOX is prepared to go public with these accounts if necessary.

Elsewhere, the NY TIMES magazine on Sunday is planning a detailed expose on the FOX NEWS movie, and the question of the documentary's fair use of footage broadcast on FOX NEWS.

The doc makers have gone the Michael Moore route, sources tell DRUDGE, and are using material apparently grabbed from satellite feeds -- material that was not seen over FOX NEWS air!

One on those "intercepted" feeds has FOX reporter Carl Cameron chatting off-air with Bush during the last campaign, a source claims.

Here is another article needtoknow,look closely at the last sentence.There was a total of 9,yes 9 Fox EX-employees interviewed for the documentary.Now that really is a documentary.

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000574580

'NY Times' Previews Controversial Film on Fox Channel

By Greg Mitchell

Published: July 10, 2004

NEW YORK With controversy already brewing over the soon-to-be-released documentary "Outfoxed," The New York Times Magazine, in this Sunday's issue, offers an exclusive preview. Writer Robert S. Boynton calls the film's "most stinging blow" to the Fox News "fair and balanced" claim a series of daily memos apparently sent to the entire Fox News operation by John Moody, a senior vice president.

According to director Robert Greenwald, the memos were provided by two unnamed Fox employees. The Times says the memos "set the agenda for how events will be covered."

One memo, believed to be circulated in April, suggested how to cover the rise in American deaths in Iraq: "Do not fall into the easy trap of mourning the loss of U.S. lives." Another covered the U.S. siege of Falluja: "It won't be long before some people start to decry the use of 'excessive force.' We won't be among that group." Referring to the 9/11 Commission hearing, a third urged: "Do not turn this into Watergate."

What's being labeled a "press conference with Fox Whisteblowers" will be held on Monday at noon in New York.

The New York Times article also reveals the filmmakers' concerns about legal actions by Fox. "Nobody has ever made a critical documentary about a media company that uses as much footage without permission as Greenwald has," Boynton writes, "and the legal precedents governing the 'fair use' of such material, while theoretically strong, are not well-established in case law."

Greenwald has hired several lawyers. "I want to make a great film," he told Boynton. "But I'd like to do so without losing my house and spending the rest of my life in court."

No one from Fox would comment on the film. The article says Greenwald's lawyers were still deciding whether to "go through the motions" of asking Fox for permission to use the extensive clips or wait to see if the network will actually sue. "If they are lucky," Boynton writes, Fox will not sue, recalling the backlash to its lawsuit against Al Franken last year.

The movie, which the Times says "combines the leftist partisan vigor of a Michael Moore film with the sober tone and delivery of a PBS special," will make its debut Tuesday night in New York. A panel will accompany the showing of the film at the New School featuring, among others, Arianna Huffington and Nicholas Lemann.

It will be shown at Moveon.org house parties across the country a few days later. A large chunk of its $300,000 budget was provided by MoveOn and the Center for American Progress. Volunteers from MoveOn also helped Greenwald monitor the cable news channel day and night.

The film features interviews with Walter Cronkite and media critic Eric Alterman. Eric Clapton allowed the free use of "Layla" because of a longstanding dislike of Fox owner Rupert Murdoch. Don Henley donated his song "Dirty Laundry." But CBS denied use of clips from "60 Minutes" explaining "it didn't want to be associated with a controversial documentary about Murdoch," according to the Times. WGBH refused permission for use of a clip from "Frontline" for fear to looking too "political."

Appearing on Friday night, Greenwald said he interviewed for the film a total of nine ex-employees of Fox.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
Fox has news now? Last time I checked they had cheap infotainment. For decent news, I suggest some news programs and discussion forums on PBS.

lol.gif

This article shows how liberal the national press is.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/28/opinion/main620207.shtml

Evidence Of A Liberal Media

WASHINGTON, May 28, 2004
(Weekly Standard) This column from The Weekly Standard was written by Fred Barnes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The argument over whether the national press is dominated by liberals is over. Since 1962, there have been 11 surveys of the media that sought the political views of hundreds of journalists. In 1971, they were 53 percent liberal, 17 percent conservative. In a 1976 survey of the Washington press corps, it was 59 percent liberal, 18 percent conservative. A 1985 poll of 3,200 reporters found them to be self-identified as 55 percent liberal, 17 percent conservative. In 1996, another survey of Washington journalists pegged the breakdown as 61 percent liberal, 9 percent conservative. Now, the new study by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press found the national media to be 34 percent liberal and 7 percent conservative.

Over 40-plus years, the only thing that's changed in the media's politics is that many national journalists have now cleverly decided to call themselves moderates. But their actual views haven't changed, the Pew survey showed. Their political beliefs are close to those of self-identified liberals and nowhere near those of conservatives. And the proportion of liberals to conservatives in the press, either 3-to-1 or 4-to-1, has stayed the same. That liberals are dominant is now beyond dispute.

Does this affect coverage? Is there really liberal bias? The answers are, of course, yes and yes. It couldn't be any other way. Think for a moment if the numbers were reversed and conservatives had outnumbered liberals in the media for the past four decades. Would President Bush be getting kinder coverage? For sure, and I'll bet any liberal would agree with that. Would President Reagan have been treated with less hostility if the national press was conservative-dominated? Yes, again. And I could go on.

The Pew poll also found that 55 percent of national journalists believe that Bush should be treated more critically by the press than he has been. They think he's gotten off too easy, despite empirical evidence of media Bush bashing. The Center for Media and Public Affairs has examined the coverage of Bush by the broadcast network evening news shows and found only two periods of favorable coverage: in the weeks after September 11 and during the actual war in Iraq. This year, roughly 75 percent of the stories about the Democratic presidential candidates were positive. For Bush, they've been 60-plus percent negative.

With the evidence of liberal dominance so overwhelming, a leading press critic is now calling for more ideological diversity in the media. Tom Rosenstiel, who helped design the Pew poll and who runs the Project for Excellence in Journalism, says it's necessary not to think just of diversity that makes newsrooms "look like America," but to create a press corps that "thinks like America."

In truth, the effort to hire more minorities and women has had the effect of making the media more liberal. Both these groups tend to have liberal politics, and this is accentuated by the fact that many of the women recruited into journalism are young and single, precisely those with the most liberal views. "By diversifying the profession in one way," Rosenstiel says, "they were making it more homogenous in another."

Rosenstiel insists it would be quite possible for news organizations to find journalists with conservative views to hire. "There are ways to change the culture of the newsroom," he says. Media recruiters can turn to different colleges than the ones where they've traditionally recruited. They can look to different parts of the country. And they can seek assistance from organizations that already train young conservatives for careers in journalism.

Those who still doubt the press needs fresh, preferably conservative, blood, should consider these numbers: In 1999, 12 percent of journalists said fairness and balance were a big problem for the media. Now, in the Pew survey, only 5 percent say so--this, after further proof of liberal dominance and noisy debates about liberal bias. And in 1999, 11 percent said ethics and standards were a major concern. But after high-visibility scandals involving fabricated stories and controversies about plagiarism, only 5 percent agree today. The case for ideological realignment of the media is closed.

Fred Barnes is executive editor of The Weekly Standard.

By Fred Barnes
© Copyright 2004, News Corporation, Weekly Standard, All Rights Reserved

Why is political opinion in the USA portrayed in such a simplistic way? Who determines what is liberal and what is conservative? Division into sheep and goats is a pretty primitive way of looking at life, when the goats portray the sheep and al,their works as evil, and vice versa. Surely 50% of the USA aren't evil?

quote:

Originally posted by nortones2:
Why is political opinion in the USA portrayed in such a simplistic way? Who determines what is liberal and what is conservative? Division into sheep and goats is a pretty primitive way of looking at life, when the goats portray the sheep and al,their works as evil, and vice versa. Surely 50% of the USA aren't evil?

To label someone, is an attempt to demenishes them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back