LG compressor replacement experience

My wife and I were in the market for a new French-door fridge a few months ago. At Lowe's one of the employees told us to stay away from LG and Samsung because they are prone to trouble, and it's difficult to find service for them. We ended up with a Whirlpool. The first one was noisy, so we had them replace it with another one. It sucks how the quality of appliances seems to have dropped as they have become more energy efficient and added more features. However, it's good to know the LG refrigerators can at least be serviced.

Rotalock fittings have been used on some compressors in air conditioners/heat pumps for a while now. Makes sense that they'd use something similar in refrigerators.

My wife and I were in the market for a new French-door fridge a few months ago. At Lowe's one of the employees told us to stay away from LG and Samsung because they are prone to trouble, and it's difficult to find service for them. We ended up with a Whirlpool. The first one was noisy, so we had them replace it with another one. It sucks how the quality of appliances seems to have dropped as they have become more energy efficient and added more features. However, it's good to know the LG refrigerators can at least be serviced.
because we live in a huge metro area, i can't say how service is in other places , but the tech that came was a LG employee and not third party. I asked him how many compressors he changes daily and he said he only changes 2-3 a week . i bet LG has literally sold millions of them ,so even if a small percentage go bad, its still a large number.

i just talked to my sister and asked her how the fridge is working. she said its back to normal .

Back