Let's Talk Bed Pillows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to update my pillow situation on the bed. Mattress and all that is fine, Tempurpedic std version, queen size, and I'm good with it.

Interested in non-standard unique pillow solutions that anyone has found that offer consistent proper head support and cervical vertebra alignment through the night. Broke my neck last year at C6 and C7 and need to ensure proper alignment. It's hit and miss currently with my hodge podge of several standard foam pillows and two tempurpedic memory foam pillows (that came w/ mattress). Some mornings I'll awake feeling great and my neck is limber and quiet, feel great all day. Other mornings not so much-- lethargic and stiff neck, tired all day. It's the pillow support situation, so I need to upgrade it.

I'm pretty sure this is the one I'm using - Pillow LINK

Its held up for a couple years. I'm about to buy a replacement of the same thing. I'm a back sleeper and its been pretty comfy.

Last edited:
For a while the wife insisted that she needed to change her pillow once a month. She had three that she would cycle through, when she felt like changing she'd pull one out from under the bed.

This is the pillow I use. I like it quite a bit, actually. It's adjustable in that you can remove filling if you want it more flat, or you can add filling if that's more comfortable. I'm a side sleeper so I generally have all the filling in it and I usually run it through the dryer for 10 minutes or so every couple of weeks to fluff it back up.

DO NOT get the "My Pillow", awful product. Read the reviews on Amazon for it too.
My own experience with it was that its over-priced for something with just shredded chemcially-smelling foam pieces, and does a poor job.

A lot of pillows, like the My Pillow, do have a very strong chemical carcinogenic plastic [censored] smell to them.
Look for one in stores that is conformable, kind of mushy, and doesn't smell like a tire dump. I think we got some at Bed Bath and Beyond that were quality.

I am using a knock off of the "My Pillow". Bought it at Walmart and it's been great. No funny smells like mentioned above. I have had a bad back for the last 30 years

I inherited a water pillow. My daughter brought it in one night and it's great. Not really sure where or how, or why it ended up on my bed, just know who it belonged to.

I've been searching for the perfect pillow for myself for years. Have yet to find it. Last one I tried? The "My Pillow". Garbage. Felt like all it had in it was a handful of cottonballs. With the amount of material in it, it should be sold at Dollar Tree. Interested to see what others have experienced.

I use a natural latex foam pillow. Two of them came with the latex mattress package. It doesn't get hot like chemical foam pillows and will last a very long time.

I had cervical vertebra fusion C5-C7 last October. I also have issues with L5 as well. I've tried several different pillows, and I found the Tempur Pedic Neck pillow, to work the best. This works as a cradle and supports your head and neck. I tend to sleep on my back, and seldom move during the night.

Also tried the the My Pillow, was not impressed. However I do use one of their travel pillows while watching TV.

https://www.amazon.com/Tempur-Pedic-1530...H4TE1B4ZG6AHHBM

A few months back, I bought myself a new pillow off Amazon - A WEEKENDER pillow - ventilated, "gel-infused" memory foam pillow. It's very comfortable, although I'm not sure what, if anything, the "gel infusion" actually does to help.

I have bad neck issues due to a severe back injury I experienced in my teens, and this pillow really helps.

Originally Posted By: JustN89
This is the pillow I use. I like it quite a bit, actually. It's adjustable in that you can remove filling if you want it more flat, or you can add filling if that's more comfortable. I'm a side sleeper so I generally have all the filling in it and I usually run it through the dryer for 10 minutes or so every couple of weeks to fluff it back up.

Yup ..Coop
Great Pillow. Read the documentation about it.

Best pillow i ever had was one filled with horse's hair (mane & tail) just the right give & support, but no manufacturer is making them nowadays. if any of you do know one that does, please post it.

I have been sleeping on a buckwheat hull pillow for years. Love it.

My Pillow is simply the best pillow i ever bought.
I have had dozens of pillows over the years and they ALL just went flat, didn't last, or were uncomfortable.
The My Pillow is the greatest

My Pillow received bad reviews from Consumer Reports fyi. Recently bought an allergy free and washable firm pillow from Target. About $15 if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back