Lets see the cars!!!!

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws

Nice '89 Acclaim!
lol.gif

I know there's a story behind this picture, so spill the beans.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Nice '89 Acclaim!
lol.gif

I know there's a story behind this picture, so spill the beans.

Nothing extravagant. Friend bought it, wants me to fix it up. Doesnt know its operational state, didnt want to risk driving it the 2.5 hours up a mountain pass and across the state. There is a strange fan switch we dont know what it does, so dont know if it has an overheating problem. Also, one of the front wheels is severely bent. So I towed it.
Got a lot of looks though. White Crown Vic with Push bumper, antenna farm, and an '89 Acclaim on a Uhaul dolly. Wait what?

Last edited:

Nothing extravagant. Friend bought it, wants me to fix it up. Doesnt know its operational state, didnt want to risk driving it the 2.5 hours up a mountain pass and across the state. There is a strange fan switch we dont know what it does, so dont know if it has an overheating problem. Also, one of the front wheels is severely bent. So I towed it.
Got a lot of looks though. White Crown Vic with Push bumper, antenna farm, and an '89 Acclaim on a Uhaul dolly. Wait what?

Looks like a 2.5, even if it need a head gasket you can slip one under the head without removing the manifold. I'm loving the entire setup.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Looks like a 2.5, even if it need a head gasket you can slip one under the head without removing the manifold. I'm loving the entire setup.
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah its the 2.5. Good to know.
The Vic did fantastic. Never gave even a whiff of being unhappy or unsettled. Trans programming could use tweaking if I was towing regularly. Going up Snoqualmie Pass 3rd gear wasnt enough, and kicking down to 2nd accelerated too much. It needs to drop into 2nd and hold until I let off the throttle significantly.
But that sort of thing is not unexpected, and its easy enough for me to tweak. Probably should turn on converter lock up in 2nd if I do that. Would probably be perfect if it would drop to 2nd and lockup.

Last edited:
If I could have 2 I'd have one of each, but after driving the 6 speed and the 5AT back to back I actually picked the AT, just for the driving I do...I know its horrible to say that, I really really wanted to love the 6 speed as I generally prefer to row my own. Maybe after the wife gets something else to replace her 2000 Accord I can get rid of my 2003 and pick up a 6MT.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Thought I'd revive this old post back from the dead. Took the Jeep out to the Broken Arrow trail in Sedona today. Pictures don't do it justice for how beautiful it is there or for how steep the obstacles are.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's awesome. Beautiful scenery and I love those old Cherokees. My best friend had one in college and we rode around in it a lot always beating the crap out of it. They're tough vehicles.

Back