Let's hear some Old Country Music from days gone by...

I met Roy Clark in the early 90's when I was working at the Bloomington, IN airport while in college. He was just super friendly. Great guy. Gave me a $100 tip for carrying his luggage from the plane to his bus. I tried to refuse it but he insisted. He told a few stories and was humble as could be. I told him I grew up watching Hee Haww with my Dad.

I met Roy Clark in the early 90's when I was working at the Bloomington, IN airport while in college. He was just super friendly. Great guy. Gave me a $100 tip for carrying his luggage from the plane to his bus. I tried to refuse it but he insisted. He told a few stories and was humble as could be. I told him I grew up watching Hee Haww with my Dad.

That’s a great story. He was such an accomplished guitar player.

Not really "OLD Country" but sounds like it, and from a band whose singer listened to country music as a child thanks to his mother, but started a post punk band that slowly but surly sounded more and more "country" as time passed by:

I remember when I was around 5 (mid 70's), a country artist album cover of the singer on a boat holding up a fishing rod with a caught fish on the end. What was that?

NM, answered my own query: minus the rod :
514Shm13ZyL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
Back