LED shop light recommendations?

I just replaced 1 48" flourcent lamp with 1 of the Costco Feit LED units. There are 6 lamps in the garage, been there 15 years or more.
Man what a difference! I might put in 2 more when they go on sale, but that's it. And not really necessary.

I have these in my garage, along with 2 of the 2nd link. Lights it all up pretty nicely.
44135684-A14A-4FAE-A6D5-A57AC26BC219.jpeg

My Wal-Mart drop ins used the existing ballast. They would stay on about45 minutes and shut off. Worked in a different fixture. Went to HD and got a set with the tombstones that used direct 120V. After rewiring fixture and removing ballast they worked great. They were about the same price as the ones from Wal-Mart.

I purchased the ballast bypass 2200 lumen, 4000K bulbs from Hyperikon on Amazon. They are excellent.

In fact, I took a little liberty and ganged up 4 of them in a conventional 2 lamp fixture above my lathe. Angled them a little and WOW!

Check out Home Depot, and the Harbor Freight offerings. I have both, honestly I'd go with whatever is cheaper if you decide to go that route. I found no difference in quality between the two. I haven't tried the UFO style.

Agree. HF has dropped their prices on 5000 lumen LEDs, and I bought a bunch. HD has 3500 and 4500 lumen lights (forget if they need to be hardwired) for $12.97 and a bit more, respectively... was just looking at them the other night.

For screw in lights tons of places have bulbs... or set up a switchable outlet via the light socket, and plug in a few lights...

I switched to motion sensing LEDs for the shop. You can adjust the sensitivity, time on, brightness, plus color with a remote control. No more going back out to the shop to turn everything off. (Costco)

Some rooms have motion sensing bulbs screwed into the sockets.

It makes walking around with stuff in your hands much safer.

There are other led lights on a separate switch if I want even more light.

I recently built a 54x40 pole building garage and did a lot of research on lighting. I think the key factor in deciding between LED tube lights and UFO-style lights is distance above floor. I ended up with a combination: UFOs for the middle section high ceiling (scissor trusses) and tube lights for the side sections.

Worked out really well:

4C8ABEA2-80C3-4F52-9015-33780D708C2E.jpeg

I recently built a 54x40 pole building garage and did a lot of research on lighting. I think the key factor in deciding between LED tube lights and UFO-style lights is distance above floor. I ended up with a combination: UFOs for the middle section high ceiling (scissor trusses) and tube lights for the side sections.

Worked out really well:

View attachment 44438
Man I would love to have a shop like that.

I had an LED fixture in the workspace in my basement that I got at Home Depot three years ago. It started flickering when I turned it on and then half of it stopped working. I opened it up hoping to find a bad connection but instead I found some of the LED spots out and nothing I did brought them back on so it went in the trash. I replaced it with a four footer from Harbor Freight. Nice light. Brighter than the old one.

In a couple of months, I'll be building a 24x32 garage and I will probably use 4 foot fixtures with replaceable LED bulbs. That's what we have at work and they never burn out.

I've had good luck with the LED light fixtures from Sam's club. A few black Fridays ago I picked up a pair of them for 40 bucks and free shipping. Hung those in my garage over the vehicles and added another one to hang over my work bench, they work great.

Back