Leave the CountryNOW (country as in rural areas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck. I would do so even if no smoke or indication of fire. Your priorities are your family and yourself and those around you. Keep us posted.

Authorities have been accused in the past of not providing enough (timely) information.

This is the 180 degree extreme opposite, text everyone in half the state, leaving literally nowhere to run to.

Nice trying to send the kids to bed after they've been texted 3 times this afternoon.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Authorities have been accused in the past of not providing enough (timely) information.

This is the 180 degree extreme opposite, text everyone in half the state, leaving literally nowhere to run to.

That seems to imply there's no evacuation plan for the warned areas. Seems a bit sloppy if that's the case, but I suppose such a plan would have to be based on a prior risk assessment which could be wrong, get people killed, and get the planners into trouble.

A "Be ready to go where and when we tell you" alert might usefully speed up reaction a bit though.

Australia has been drying up for several thousands of yrs , just as the Sahara has. Climate wise, these areas were better off during the last ice age.
grin2.gif

Geezus, sorry to scare the kids. OTOH, Gov was doing due diligence. Just like warning people in low lying areas to evacuate in the face of a flood. How imminent is the danger?

Due diligence isn't inciting terror in the populace.

Oh...that's the model for the last decade and a half, isn't it ?

"Run" with no actual place to "Run" to, and such running taking 4+ hours assuming that you so much as GUESS the right direction is pretty specious.

Nice trying to send the kids to bed after they've been texted 3 times this afternoon.

This is what the Northeast USA has become as well. A basic snow storm is turned into a hysteria that makes people uneasy and feel like they have to hoard any supply imaginable.

Our local 45 yr old nuclear power plant has given rise to alarm horns at the 10 mile radius. Also the main roads have evacuation route signs. They make for something to contemplate on as I crawl along in rush hour traffic.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andyd
Our local 45 yr old nuclear power plant has given rise to alarm horns at the 10 mile radius. Also the main roads have evacuation route signs. They make for something to contemplate on as I crawl along in rush hour traffic.
grin2.gif

When I was a kid, all of those "fallout shelter" signs everywhere sure gave me something to think about.

.Sometimes the fires can spread as fast as Petrol burning. Hopefully you will not have to evacuate but be ready just in case and prepare to go .

Due diligence isn't inciting terror in the populace.

Oh...that's the model for the last decade and a half, isn't it ?

"Run" with no actual place to "Run" to, and such running taking 4+ hours assuming that you so much as GUESS the right direction is pretty specious.

downwind?

bloody hot... 45 c at our place. 5 minutes outside nearlyy knocked me on my arse, very thankful for ducted a/c.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
grin2.gif

When I was a kid, all of those "fallout shelter" signs everywhere sure gave me something to think about.

Yeah, I've seen those signs modified to read "Allout H e l l". I sure it would be if they were ever used that way. On the other hand I've got a neat Geiger counter I picked up as surplus on eBay for around $25. Looks cool.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
grin2.gif

Yeah, I've seen those signs modified to read "Allout H e l l". I sure it would be if they were ever used that way. On the other hand I've got a neat Geiger counter I picked up as surplus on eBay for around $25. Looks cool.

Thats good. Hot is bad in this context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back