LeadingEdge Lubricants --- Anyone heard of or tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an interesting article mentioning this additive that I've never heard of before. I tried searching BITOG and to my surprise found nothing mentioning it! Here's what the article I read said:

quote:

Any oil you buy at the store is going to work with your motor, as long as its close to the weight your motor needs. Most Honda motors are 5w30. So you could use 10W30, 5W30, 10W40 even perhaps. But what I am here to tell you is that you need to take advantage of the technology that is out there for protecting your motor. Get into additives. Or oil that has additives directly in it. The best **** oil on the market, and I have tested almost all of them, is definitely Leading Edge. www.lelube.com Leading edge is ester based oil, using base stocks from popular/leading brands you buy at AutoZone. It’s like, as you could say, Mobile 1 on steroids, or something along those lines. If you put this oil to the test on a bearing FALEX machine you learn real quick why its called the dominator around here. Here is a little chart to clue you in.

BEARING WEAR TEST: Lbs of force on bearing before bearing SIEZED and was scared heavily.

Leading Edge 5W30 blend - I ran out of weights…25+ LBS of weight and the **** bearing is still spinning! DOMINATOR.

Mobil 1 5W30 Synthetic - 3 LBS of weight and a large scar on the bearing appeared and it seized.

Not only that, but you could get a rag, and WIPE off the bearing, and the lubricant, and the stupid bearing would still take 10+ LBS of weight because the ester based chemical in it bonds to the metal. To get the entire LE off the bearing, you have to spray the **** out of it with CARB cleaner and wipe it off with a new rag. When doing the oil tests on every brand, including NEO, MOTUL, AMSOIL, TORCO, etc, you could add just 1 drop, 1 DROP of the LE to any of them and it would instantly triple, or quadruple the weight you could add to the bearing.

Well, if doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out this kind of oil protects your motor better than anything you can buy at AutoZone. In fact, I know one guy who’s oil pump failed, and he STILL DID A PASS DOWN THE TRACK WITH 0 OIL PRESSURE AND THE MOTOR DID NOT BLOW UP! You want to try that with your Mobil 1?

The point is, you want to keep your turbo lubed with the best oil you can buy with money. At least a moly based lubricant, or ester based for sure. Your turbo gets hot, and you need metal on metal protection. And the extra heat and wear a turbo causes to your motor needs extra attention. Use oil that protects the metal. I wish I sold this stuff, it’s like a Goldmine. It’s hard to get.

There are some dynos/testimonials here too:

http://www.lelube.com/Testimonials.asp

What do you think? Yay or nay?

The proof has to do with wear scars, levers, weights, and cars with no oil pressure.

Stay away!

"BEARING WEAR TEST: Lbs of force on bearing before bearing SIEZED and was scared heavily."

How could they tell that the bearing was heavily frightened?

Well, whether the oil "booster/treatment" is REAL GOOD isn't the question. @18.99 for treating 5 or 6 quarts, you would have to cover some pretty long miles as an alternative to just changine the oil more often.

That is, I wouldn't care if the stuff performs magic. The numbers just don't support the product. "Sure it reduces friction 900%!
grin.gif
" ..but only for 2000 miles at a cost of $100
shocked.gif

Now the oil? Who knows? The price is competitive for limited distribution. I would think that it's rebadged something else.

How can one comment on an unknown oil? Who knows what it is, other than a synthetic with an ester component. There is that off chance that it's a good product.

The oil treatment is described as a moly additive. If this stuff ends up at Big Lots, my bet is that it will get very popular with some here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back