Lawn spreader tires and valves

I have an older spreader that has tubeless tires one of which leaks.
I was thinking of just adding a tube as the rim is rusted where the tire seats.
I tried cleaning and refinishing rim (waiting for rust treatment to dry) but tire still may not seat.
The rim itself has the pull through valve.
Can I remove this valve and use a tube or will the rim valve hole be too big?

putting a tube in should do the job. Either that or get a bottle of slime. I used slime in my riding mower tire, the two front ones wouldn't seal up and i tied everything. used slime and they've been good for a few years now

putting a tube in should do the job. Either that or get a bottle of slime. I used slime in my riding mower tire, the two front ones wouldn't seal up and i tied everything. used slime and they've been good for a few years now
I used the slims and it just came out. It appears that unless I can get the tire to seal I will need and inner tube with a angled valve.

The inner tubes with the angled valves are not always easy to find.
I've used the straight valve ones instead on wheelbarrows @ 35 psi and it didn.t blow up.
Motorcycle tire irons work for the on and off.

The inner tubes with the angled valves are not always easy to find.
I've used the straight valve ones instead on wheelbarrows @ 35 psi and it didn.t blow up.
Motorcycle tire irons work for the on and off.
I saw some on Ebay of all places that had brass colored and valves vs the straight black rubber coated ones. Obviously I am double checking this.

Back